Qualcom may be one of the most important companies on earth that most people haven’t heard about…..
Qualcom manufacture a key component in electronics, specifically microchips and microprocessors for Smartphones; in the last decade, over 15 BILLION chips have been manufactured, close to 66% for smartphones. Qualcom has also enabled the proliferation of smartphones for lower income groups and was a vital part in the design of the recently released MTN Steppa, marketed at R499, enabling poorer people in Africa to take those steps up the economic ladder!
On Todays show, Arthur and Nic discuss the new QRD programme run by Qualcom:
It takes device manufacturers, hardware component vendors and software developers to create a great consumer device, and the QRD program is designed with this community in mind – helping to expand the commercial potential for many.
The QRD Preferred Vendor program connects software developers with device manufacturers and provides hardware component vendors with a path to tap into the high-volume demand for quality, cost effective components. For device manufacturers, QRD includes the tools and resources to quickly and cost effectively commercialize a device: including access to providers of third party software applications and hardware components which have been tested against various QRDs and deliver the features and capabilities designed to appeal to today’s demanding consumers….
- EQ in the Workplace | #eBizInsigights |Howard Feldman - October 16, 2019
- Actionable intelligence essential for cyber defence #eBizWires - October 16, 2019
- Synthesis joins Confluent Partner Programme | #eBizWires - October 14, 2019
- IWG explores the aspects of franchising that makes it a popular choice amongst African Investors in times of uncertainty - October 14, 2019
- Insurers need contextualised marketing| #eBizInsights - October 11, 2019
- SPARK Media hosts Michael Charton in #RWC forgotten Bokke vs New Zealand tales: An invitation | #eBizWires - October 9, 2019
- Empowering those who care for the Disabled | #eBizPayItForward| Xelda Rohrbeck - October 9, 2019
- Great Karoo Spirit gin wins big with Bossieveld Gin - October 8, 2019
- Rugby World Cup 2019…the numbers you never knew| #eBizInsights| Richard Lord - October 8, 2019
- R1.3-MILLION FIRST PLACE PRIZE FOR BEST LOCAL SOCIAL INNOVATION | #eBizPayItForward| Bridgit Evans - October 7, 2019