Qualcom may be one of the most important companies on earth that most people haven’t heard about…..
Qualcom manufacture a key component in electronics, specifically microchips and microprocessors for Smartphones; in the last decade, over 15 BILLION chips have been manufactured, close to 66% for smartphones. Qualcom has also enabled the proliferation of smartphones for lower income groups and was a vital part in the design of the recently released MTN Steppa, marketed at R499, enabling poorer people in Africa to take those steps up the economic ladder!
On Todays show, Arthur and Nic discuss the new QRD programme run by Qualcom:
It takes device manufacturers, hardware component vendors and software developers to create a great consumer device, and the QRD program is designed with this community in mind – helping to expand the commercial potential for many.
The QRD Preferred Vendor program connects software developers with device manufacturers and provides hardware component vendors with a path to tap into the high-volume demand for quality, cost effective components. For device manufacturers, QRD includes the tools and resources to quickly and cost effectively commercialize a device: including access to providers of third party software applications and hardware components which have been tested against various QRDs and deliver the features and capabilities designed to appeal to today’s demanding consumers….
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022