Results from a survey of more than 1,000 consumers showed that 83 percent of banking consumers are “willing to bank on a weekday if offered a guaranteed time during the week.” For millennials, this number jumped to 86 percent.2
Digital appointment booking puts the customer in control, they decide the why or what they would need help with on the day, the when, which date and time fits their schedule and where, which branch location is most convenient for them, says Jenni Palocsik, director, solutions marketing for Verint Systems.
Palocsik says appointments are really the norm in most businesses today. “From Apple® stores1 to urgent care facilities, people are no longer willing to wait several minutes, or even an hour, for service. Customers expect to be able to select the most convenient day, time and location to get the service they desire. They want to be in control.
“And as more and more banking consumers use smartphone apps for simple transactions and upfront research, financial institutions need to encourage branch visits for those who prefer to conduct some of their financial transactions in person or perhaps have online security concerns. For some customers, the added convenience of an appointment enhances the customer experience,” she says.
Palocsik says with workforce management, banks can forecast demand and schedule employees based on the unique needs of each branch location and its customers. When combined with digital appointment booking, the bank can determine which employees with which skills are available and then schedule the employee with the right expertise to assist.
“When appointments are scheduled in advance, banking staff has time to prepare in advance and can deliver a higher-quality experience to help strengthen customer relationships and ultimately increase sales revenue. It’s how you use the technologies together that can provide your bank with a distinct advantage,” says Palocsik.
She says getting customers into the branch is challenging enough, so it is important to make it easier to have high-value, in-branch discussions at their convenience by putting the customer in control.
“Don’t miss the opportunity to schedule a time to get them to come into your branch to meet with your employees. Even a casual browser can be turned into an engaged customer, if you make it easy,” concludes Palocsik.
1 Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
2 Sarah Wallace, TimeTrade, State of Banking Report 2015.
Behind the scenes:
Verint® is a global leader in Actionable Intelligence®, which has become a necessity in a dynamic world of massive information growth. By empowering organisations with crucial insights, Verint solutions enable decision makers to anticipate, respond and take action, and make more informed, effective and timely decisions. Our solutions are designed to address three important areas of the actionable intelligence market: customer engagement optimisation; security intelligence; and fraud, risk and compliance.
Verint’s vision is to create A Smarter World with Actionable Intelligence®, and today, more than 10,000 organisations in over 180 countries—including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100—already benefit from this vision. Learn more at www.verint.comhttp://www.verint.com and NASDAQ: VRNT.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019