Creativity and innovation is the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. Protecting ones ideas enables an edge over corporations. One of the main problems when starting a new business is obtaining new clients, but the truth is that if your idea/model is creative/innovative enough the clients will come to you as opposed to you looking for them.
Trademarking an idea as a trade secret will protect your intellectual property but hinders innovation of the idea. A better prospect is to copyright your idea; this enable legal protection but also allows an open discussion of your creation.
Another way to protect oneself is to make recordings/notes of any/all conversations you have, these can be referred to at a later date if needed.
Finally a relationship of trust should exist between yourself and your clients; this allows for the sharing of the solutions you have for your clients business needs whilst also ensuring your intellectual property is protected.
Banele Rewo in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Monsieur Noire (@Baniroquai) December 2, 2012
Join Grant Jansen (@Kapetonian) every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Grant at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020