Creativity and innovation is the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. Protecting ones ideas enables an edge over corporations. One of the main problems when starting a new business is obtaining new clients, but the truth is that if your idea/model is creative/innovative enough the clients will come to you as opposed to you looking for them.
Trademarking an idea as a trade secret will protect your intellectual property but hinders innovation of the idea. A better prospect is to copyright your idea; this enable legal protection but also allows an open discussion of your creation.
Another way to protect oneself is to make recordings/notes of any/all conversations you have, these can be referred to at a later date if needed.
Finally a relationship of trust should exist between yourself and your clients; this allows for the sharing of the solutions you have for your clients business needs whilst also ensuring your intellectual property is protected.
Banele Rewo in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Monsieur Noire (@Baniroquai) December 2, 2012
Join Grant Jansen (@Kapetonian) every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Grant at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021