Creativity and innovation is the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. Protecting ones ideas enables an edge over corporations. One of the main problems when starting a new business is obtaining new clients, but the truth is that if your idea/model is creative/innovative enough the clients will come to you as opposed to you looking for them.
Trademarking an idea as a trade secret will protect your intellectual property but hinders innovation of the idea. A better prospect is to copyright your idea; this enable legal protection but also allows an open discussion of your creation.
Another way to protect oneself is to make recordings/notes of any/all conversations you have, these can be referred to at a later date if needed.
Finally a relationship of trust should exist between yourself and your clients; this allows for the sharing of the solutions you have for your clients business needs whilst also ensuring your intellectual property is protected.
Banele Rewo in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Monsieur Noire (@Baniroquai) December 2, 2012
Join Grant Jansen (@Kapetonian) every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Grant at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020