More than 700 decision makers surveyed on the current state of digital business-results indicate significant digital denial
Progress has announced the results of its recent global survey: “Are Businesses Really Digitally Transforming or Living in Digital Denial?” The survey, conducted in Q1 2016 by Loudhouse, the specialist research division of Octopus Group, aimed to better understand how business leaders view digital transformation and learn their plans to address its challenges.
While most businesses recognize the inherent benefits of “going digital,” the majority of respondents are hitting roadblocks—lack of internal alignment, lack of adequate skills and plenty of cultural resistance. Coupled with technology constraints and an overall inability to execute, the result is a growing state of anxiety about embarking on digital transformation, with some fearing it may already be too late.
Key findings from the survey concluded:
- 96% of organizations see digital transformation as important or critical, yet 62% say their organization is in denial about the need to transform digitally
- 86% say they have two years to make inroads before suffering financial or competitive consequences (55% say a year or less); 59% are worried they may already be too late
- 99% say the main driver for digital transformation is optimizing customer experiences and engagement; 61% say customer engagement is a #1 priority for the next 12 months and 50% plan to invest in building applications in the next year
- 72% feel IT is more likely to be the final decision maker/budget holder for digital initiatives; 78% say better alignment of IT and marketing is needed to deliver on digital transformation efforts
- 58% say a high reliance on IT to deliver strategy is a barrier to provide improved customer experience through digital transformation; more than half cite lack of skills and leadership as key barriers
“Digital technologies are radically transforming business as we know it today and the driving force of change is based on the customer experience. Yet, many organizations continue to resist change. There needs to be a rapid awakening and acceptance that organizations must digitally transform to survive—and do it now,” said Mark Troester, Vice President, Digital Solutions, Progress. “This survey brings to light the reality of today’s digital transformation challenges, helping to educate and equip businesses with the information they need to succeed. Broad ‘digital’ concern has been palpable, but now we have data to prove it.”
Survey respondents included a mix of more than 700 global C-Level/VP decision makers; heads of marketing, digital and IT; as well as developers, IT architects, directors, engineers and line of business managers. These individuals represent organizations ranging from SMBs through large global enterprises. For more information and to read the full survey findings, click here.
Behind the scenes: Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global leader in application development, empowering the digital transformation organizations need to create and sustain engaging user experiences in today’s evolving marketplace. With offerings spanning web, mobile and data for on-premise and cloud environments, Progress powers startups and industry titans worldwide, promoting success one customer at a time. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Progress is a trademark or registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020