Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit: Classroom Edition enables software development students, recent graduates and new developers to design enterprise-class applications with ease.
Progress has announced the release of Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit: Classroom Edition, a downloadable application development toolkit for the next generation of business application developers. In an effort to expand their knowledge of business application development and foster growth, the toolkit gives students, new developers and future entrepreneurs free access to a package of powerful application development tools that are simple to learn and use.
Schools and universities are faced with a difficult task – making sure that the technology students of today are ready to solve the problems of tomorrow using tools and technologies that are either under development or do not currently exist. In particular, the job market for mobile application developers is expected to skyrocket by 32 percent from 2010 through 2020, creating close to 300,000 new positions, heralding one of the decade’s largest increases for any occupation.1 Using the Classroom Edition of the Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit, technology students, recent graduates and new developers can hone their skills, developing business applications for any device, including a wide range of mobile platforms.
“For more than 30 years, Progress has enabled application developers to harness the latest technology to turn their big ideas into business reality. With the release of the Classroom Edition of the OpenEdge Developer Kit, our goal is to continue to inspire the next generation of developer ‘entrepreneurs’,” said Jerry Rulli, Chief Operating Officer, Progress. “This free offering provides today’s students with the opportunity to become tomorrow’s leaders by giving them unique access to the most innovative, enterprise-class development tools available, including Progress OpenEdge.”
Progress OpenEdge is a complete development platform to build dynamic, business process-enabled applications for secure deployment across any platform, mobile device and Cloud.
“We are excited to be able to extend this offering to the sub-Saharan African market, and are looking forward to seeing the further growth of the local Progress community as a result of this initiative,” concludes Premie Naicker, CEO of local Progress distributor AIGS.
Behind the scenes
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Progress and OpenEdge are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. 1 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2012-2013 Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Perhaps its time to join the Circus | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | ZipZap Circus | #Podcast - October 4, 2022
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022