Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit: Classroom Edition enables software development students, recent graduates and new developers to design enterprise-class applications with ease.
Progress has announced the release of Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit: Classroom Edition, a downloadable application development toolkit for the next generation of business application developers. In an effort to expand their knowledge of business application development and foster growth, the toolkit gives students, new developers and future entrepreneurs free access to a package of powerful application development tools that are simple to learn and use.
Schools and universities are faced with a difficult task – making sure that the technology students of today are ready to solve the problems of tomorrow using tools and technologies that are either under development or do not currently exist. In particular, the job market for mobile application developers is expected to skyrocket by 32 percent from 2010 through 2020, creating close to 300,000 new positions, heralding one of the decade’s largest increases for any occupation.1 Using the Classroom Edition of the Progress OpenEdge Developer Kit, technology students, recent graduates and new developers can hone their skills, developing business applications for any device, including a wide range of mobile platforms.
“For more than 30 years, Progress has enabled application developers to harness the latest technology to turn their big ideas into business reality. With the release of the Classroom Edition of the OpenEdge Developer Kit, our goal is to continue to inspire the next generation of developer ‘entrepreneurs’,” said Jerry Rulli, Chief Operating Officer, Progress. “This free offering provides today’s students with the opportunity to become tomorrow’s leaders by giving them unique access to the most innovative, enterprise-class development tools available, including Progress OpenEdge.”
Progress OpenEdge is a complete development platform to build dynamic, business process-enabled applications for secure deployment across any platform, mobile device and Cloud.
“We are excited to be able to extend this offering to the sub-Saharan African market, and are looking forward to seeing the further growth of the local Progress community as a result of this initiative,” concludes Premie Naicker, CEO of local Progress distributor AIGS.
Behind the scenes
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global software company that simplifies the development, deployment and management of business applications on-premise or in the cloud, on any platform or device, to any data source, with enhanced performance, minimal IT complexity and low total cost of ownership. Progress can be reached at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.
Progress and OpenEdge are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. 1 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2012-2013 Occupational Outlook Handbook
- How injustice works! |#Opinion |#Vusi Thembekwayo |#Podcast - June 4, 2020
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020