Legalese is a creative legal agency which has redesigned legal services to suit creative, start-up, and tech-based businesses by making them accessible, affordable and understandable. Traditionally, lawyers are called to fix problems. Legalese looks at law differently – utilizing modern technology and innovative thinking to tailor-make legal solutions that suit your business and prevent problems occurring in the first place. Their belief is that lawyers are best used prophylactically.
They are not a law firm. Do not call them when you get arrested. They are here for one thing – to take care of your business’ legal needs so you can focus on what you do best; your vision and your business. Their approach to legal services comes from a mix of practice in corporate law firms, years of experience in the South African creative sector and a background in running start-ups. They speak the language of creativity as well as the legalese of the law AND they have just made life even easier for entrepreneurs and creatives – they have opened an online store to assist you quickly and efficiently. We chatted to Eitan Stern, founder and director of Legalese
What is the Legalese Store? One of the central beliefs at Legalese has always been that legal services are too expensive. That is why we pioneered fixed fee billing and a legal price list in order to make our services affordable for SMMEs. However, balanced with that was an understanding that legal services also needed to be specialized and professional. To date we’ve remained consistent in offering personalized legal services for way below the industry standard costs.
In continuing this journey we’re proud to present our latest brainchild – the Legalese Store. An e-commerce platform making instructing a lawyer quicker and easier than ever before. Through the scroll of a mouse, the click of a button and the flash of a mobile phone, you can find the legal service you need, purchase it immediately and set up a call with a lawyer in a few minutes flat.
What’s our thinking behind this? Time is money – for you and for your lawyer. The solution to bringing our legal fees down was to productize our services so clients could purchase a product as opposed to our hours. What we found however was that while our legal work was efficient, the time spent on the admin around an instruction took us time which cost you money. The Legalese store makes instructing a lawyer quick and easy. No phone calls, no coffee meeting, no quotes back and forth. You see what you need, click a button and we’ll take care of the rest.
Once a purchase is made, the cogs start turning our side and it’s business as per usual. We set up a time to chat in more detail and get to work.
How is this still a personalized legal service? Some solutions to the expense of legal services has been to cookie cut templates which you can download. That’s not what we’re doing. Once you make a purchase through the Legalese Store, you will be contacted by a real lawyer who will put his/her real legal mind to your business. It’s a professional legal service, but just made a bit easier.
What if I like the face-to-face or I don’t know what I need?That’s no problem. No two clients are the same. If you don’t like the Legalese Store, then our existing model still works like a charm. Contact us through our website or drop us a mail on [email protected] and we’ll give you a shout.
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020