Power of Positivity Podcast | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman
It may have been a tough start to 2018, but there’s no reason why you can’t end the year on a positive note
There are three things that everyone can expect in the next four months – the year-end function, the family Christmas party and the cost of December. After a year of slaving away over a hot PC, negotiating with colleagues over ideas and insights and feeling like a hostage from a bad 90’s cop show, the last thing you want is to approach the 2018 finale with a sense of doom. Now is the time to change it up, to haul out the positivity that slipped down behind the coffee machine along with promotions, lost dreams and Bob from accounting.
The first thing to face is the year end function. You are tired. You’ve worked hard and you really don’t feel like getting into your evening outfit and hauling yourself out for the evening. The only thing you want to pour is a hot bath and a glass of wine. Instead, you get to enjoy lengthy ruminations about the company, its successes and the plans for the future. Someone drones on about accounting and why costs have to be cut and there is the definite sound of snoring on the table next to you. Suddenly, there is the jarring note of the hired band or DJ and management looks pointedly at people and the dance floor.
Get up and have fun, or else.
There are options here, though. Instead of the boring, the traditional and the ‘Raining Men’ you could look to a professional speaker who will add some spice, introduce the much-needed humour and seriously stop the snoring. You want laughter, engagement, entertainment and insight. Someone who hands you nuggets that mean something and ideas that you can take home with you and mull over as you sip wine on the terrace. You want positivity that you can keep for those tough moments in December and take with you into 2019.
Howard Feldman is a professional speaker and entrepreneur. He has spent a lot of time helping people to achieve their goals and unlock their potential while making them laugh. Feldman is focused on positivity and giving people tangible ways of unlocking it. He’s pretty committed to adding some spice to your life and some spring to your step (and your year-end function).
As the seasons shift and the year comes to a cautious close, it’s time to try something new. Try a positive, fun and informative year end experience that isn’t about the usual suspects doing the usual things. If nothing else, it will make everyone feel like they’re ready to take on Great Aunt Matilda at the family Christmas party at the end of it all, rather than start packing for Guam…
ABOUT Howard Feldman
Howard Feldman is one of South Africa’s leading entrepreneurs. His experience is global and extensive, spanning more than 20 years of working as a businessman, philanthropist and social commentator. Feldman was the chairperson of the Board of the South African Jewish Report, the only weekly Jewish newspaper in Africa, and he is a global keynote speaker, business strategist, author and morning drive show host. Regularly published in local and global publications, Feldman provides insights into strategic thinking, motivation, facilitating solutions and addressing organisational challenges.
Feldman has used his experience and innate understanding of markets and business to also take his career into the fields of writing and radio. He is the author of two successful books – Carry on Baggage and Tightrope: Musings of Circus South Africa – and is the Morning Mayhem host on ChaiFM from 6am-9am, Mondays to Fridays.
With this vast repertoire of skills and talent, Feldman is committed to providing individuals and organisations with the tools they need to thrive within a mercurial and challenging business world. His own life experience has allowed him to recognise the value of people and relationships without compromising on the energy of entrepreneurship and career growth. Feldman delivers thoughtful, humorous and insightful commentary that organisations can use to unravel complexities and unlock talent and potential. Thanks to his experience working across various markets, the legal profession and commodities markets to name a few, his skills lie in his ability to challenge, educate and engage.
For more information go to http://www.howardfeldman.co.za/
- An insight into the Logistics world | #eBizInsights | David Slotow - September 18, 2018
- Medically-induced employee incapacity | #eBizWires | - September 18, 2018
- Calling all school entrepreneurs – R100 000 is up for grabs! | #eBizEnrepreneur | Leon Lategan - September 14, 2018
- Recognising, rewarding and retaining ‘high value customers | #eBizInsights - September 6, 2018
- To email or not to email? | #eBizWires | Paul McIntyre - September 6, 2018
- Power of Positivity Podcast | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - August 29, 2018
- Reuters partners with CG Consulting to grow in Africa | #eBizmarketing - August 27, 2018
- Deadline aside, companies can really benefit from Employment Tax Incentive - August 27, 2018
- Decision Inc. invests into education with Mother of Peace | #eBizWires - August 27, 2018
- Gamification – businesses aren’t playing around with tech | #eBizWires - August 27, 2018
- An insight into the Logistics world | #eBizInsights | David Slotow
- Medically-induced employee incapacity | #eBizWires |
- Calling all school entrepreneurs – R100 000 is up for grabs! | #eBizEnrepreneur | Leon Lategan
- Recognising, rewarding and retaining ‘high value customers | #eBizInsights
- To email or not to email? | #eBizWires | Paul McIntyre
- Power of Positivity Podcast | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman