The topic for the 7th Aegis Media Thought Leadership Digibate was to converge or not to converge in the advertising industry. The panel chaired by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa was lively and the contributions and insights from the varied and very experienced industry panel of; Craig Paige Lee – Managing Director – Posterscope SA; Jono Swanepoel – Strategic & Creative Director, Leftfield ; Awie Erasmus – Account Director, Ogilvy; Nic van den Bergh – Trading Director – Aegis Media SA; kept both the studio audience and thousands on audio-streamers engaged.
Overview of Digibate today & intro to panel – It’s time for the mad men to make way for the math men!
The panel consisted of players from both the traditional and new media agencies and off the bat the discussion looked at how traditional Out of Home mediums are now being intenerated into the complete mix and what that means to the consumer. To date we are seeing the OOH medium still being stuck in the old traditions – billboards, street polls and what we need to see is much more digital mediums coming into the mix; existing OOH agencies need to ensure that their business is poised and ready to move into this digital space.
From a traditional digital agency perspective we asked the panel to explain convergence and the answer was a rather straightforward one – It’s simple, take a holistic look at what the client wants to achieve and by utilizing all the media channels find the solution to execute and always remember that everything is inter-connected
Where are the consumers?
The latest OCS study done by Posterscope clearly shows that consumers are spending more time outside of their homes and offices so where are they are how are they been communicated with and does this influence the creative process
Consumers have the ability to consume, create and share content like never before with the ever changing mobile landscape and the communications and content being put out by brands is content driving thus allowing consumers to generate their own content and push others towards your brand. So often the agency merely creates the initial engagement/conversations.
Should brands be absorbing the DATA costs on campaigns as part of a converged world?
Some key points come up here i.e. the cost of filming TV commercials vs. the costs of absorbing data costs for a campaign that is put out on a brands own platform and consumers engage with this.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021