The topic for the 7th Aegis Media Thought Leadership Digibate was to converge or not to converge in the advertising industry. The panel chaired by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa was lively and the contributions and insights from the varied and very experienced industry panel of; Craig Paige Lee – Managing Director – Posterscope SA; Jono Swanepoel – Strategic & Creative Director, Leftfield ; Awie Erasmus – Account Director, Ogilvy; Nic van den Bergh – Trading Director – Aegis Media SA; kept both the studio audience and thousands on audio-streamers engaged.
Overview of Digibate today & intro to panel – It’s time for the mad men to make way for the math men!
The panel consisted of players from both the traditional and new media agencies and off the bat the discussion looked at how traditional Out of Home mediums are now being intenerated into the complete mix and what that means to the consumer. To date we are seeing the OOH medium still being stuck in the old traditions – billboards, street polls and what we need to see is much more digital mediums coming into the mix; existing OOH agencies need to ensure that their business is poised and ready to move into this digital space.
From a traditional digital agency perspective we asked the panel to explain convergence and the answer was a rather straightforward one – It’s simple, take a holistic look at what the client wants to achieve and by utilizing all the media channels find the solution to execute and always remember that everything is inter-connected
Where are the consumers?
The latest OCS study done by Posterscope clearly shows that consumers are spending more time outside of their homes and offices so where are they are how are they been communicated with and does this influence the creative process
Consumers have the ability to consume, create and share content like never before with the ever changing mobile landscape and the communications and content being put out by brands is content driving thus allowing consumers to generate their own content and push others towards your brand. So often the agency merely creates the initial engagement/conversations.
Should brands be absorbing the DATA costs on campaigns as part of a converged world?
Some key points come up here i.e. the cost of filming TV commercials vs. the costs of absorbing data costs for a campaign that is put out on a brands own platform and consumers engage with this.
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022
- The 2022 School Year: What Teachers, Parents and Learners Can Expect | #Classroom | #ebizradio | The Love Trust - January 10, 2022
- An African Platform for African business by African Business | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Grace Mumo | Luxury Xclusives - January 10, 2022
- No matter what – SHOW UP! | #Entrepreneur | #BizInsight| Ingrid von Stein | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021
- Mission Possible! – A global health doctor takes on a new mission | #Insight | Ingrid von Stein | Dr. Allan Pambe | Roche Diagnostics | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021