The topic for the 7th Aegis Media Thought Leadership Digibate was to converge or not to converge in the advertising industry. The panel chaired by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa was lively and the contributions and insights from the varied and very experienced industry panel of; Craig Paige Lee – Managing Director – Posterscope SA; Jono Swanepoel – Strategic & Creative Director, Leftfield ; Awie Erasmus – Account Director, Ogilvy; Nic van den Bergh – Trading Director – Aegis Media SA; kept both the studio audience and thousands on audio-streamers engaged.
Overview of Digibate today & intro to panel – It’s time for the mad men to make way for the math men!
The panel consisted of players from both the traditional and new media agencies and off the bat the discussion looked at how traditional Out of Home mediums are now being intenerated into the complete mix and what that means to the consumer. To date we are seeing the OOH medium still being stuck in the old traditions – billboards, street polls and what we need to see is much more digital mediums coming into the mix; existing OOH agencies need to ensure that their business is poised and ready to move into this digital space.
From a traditional digital agency perspective we asked the panel to explain convergence and the answer was a rather straightforward one – It’s simple, take a holistic look at what the client wants to achieve and by utilizing all the media channels find the solution to execute and always remember that everything is inter-connected
Where are the consumers?
The latest OCS study done by Posterscope clearly shows that consumers are spending more time outside of their homes and offices so where are they are how are they been communicated with and does this influence the creative process
Consumers have the ability to consume, create and share content like never before with the ever changing mobile landscape and the communications and content being put out by brands is content driving thus allowing consumers to generate their own content and push others towards your brand. So often the agency merely creates the initial engagement/conversations.
Should brands be absorbing the DATA costs on campaigns as part of a converged world?
Some key points come up here i.e. the cost of filming TV commercials vs. the costs of absorbing data costs for a campaign that is put out on a brands own platform and consumers engage with this.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021