Phoenix Distribution, Africa’s leading broad based distributor of software, has won the distribution rights to security giant Kaspersky Lab’s full range of security solutions in the East Africa region.
Simon Campbell-Young, CEO of Phoenix Distribution says the partnership will expand Kaspersky Lab’s reach across the continent. “Phoenix has branches in several regions in Africa and is ideally placed to grow the Kaspersky brand. We are delighted to expand our relations with Kaspersky beyond South Africa, and are sure we will have a similar success in East Africa that we have enjoyed in South Africa,” he says.
He adds that the partnership with Kaspersky Lab will help African organisations address the complex security challenges faced by these businesses, by offering them a comprehensive and best-in-class portfolio of security solutions. “A top priority will be extending our channel reach, and sharing knowledge about Kaspersky’s solutions to our partners in the region.”
The terms of the distributorship agreement will see Kaspersky Lab and Phoenix uniting to leverage their strengths in security products and services, to help East African clients deal with issues such as cloud security, BYOD, endpoint security and similar. “We will help them address the increasingly complex threat landscape in Africa, and will work alongside our channel partners to roll out the full range of Kaspersky Lab solutions for enterprises as well as small and midsize organisations.”
Phoenix has been a partner of Kaspersky for a decade, and has leveraged its strong channel, technical expertise and support resources to build the Kaspersky brand in Africa.
Campbell-Young says this partnership is an extension of the excellent relationship between the two companies. “East Africa is a key market for Kaspersky Lab and Phoenix alike, and the region is growing incredibly fast. It is vital to select the right partners in the area, to be able to offer African customers robust and effective solutions, particularly in the cyber security space. We believe this partnership is a step in the right direction, and will help grow both brands, as well as help Phoenix to strengthen its channel partnerships and further boost its offerings and support services.”
Behind the Scenes
Phoenix Distribution is currently the leading Value Added distributor of software, accessories and peripherals across the African continent, covering software publishing, localisation and product distribution across multiple territories in multiple languages.
The business is segmented into two divisions, namely corporate software licensing and retail product distribution, and Phoenix Distribution dominates the consumer and SMB security sectors through key brands which include: Norton/Symantec, AVG, Kaspersky and Bitdefender. Additional brands within the consumer-focused range include, Microsoft software and peripherals, Beats by Dr Dre, Trendnet Wireless products, Monster Cables and mobile accessories.
The corporate licensing division sells volume licensing into the enterprise and SMB reseller environments, as well as covering architecture and implementation. The ESD division delivers download content into all channels, including B2B and B2C.
The retail division delivers physical product into the retail environment, covering all mainstream ICT, CES, telco, lifestyle, fashion and sports outlets, as well as independents and online stores. This division delivers direct to outlets and or customers across sub-Saharan Africa.
Phoenix Distribution is growing at 70% per annum, with additional acceleration coming from development within the greater African marketplace, as well as the acquisition of significant high-end product lines within the enterprise arena. In addition, the company’s UK business, PX Security, is firmly entrenched within the UK retail and SMB reseller environments, shipping product through trusted distribution partners into mainstream retail outlets and direct engagement with B2B resellers. The UK operation publishes and distributes Bitdefender, Webroot and Avast.
Additional bespoke services offered to partners include Electronic Software Distribution within the B2B and B2C environments, category management, training and end-to-end merchandising.
Phoenix Distribution, including the UK subsidiary PX Security, was recently acquired by First Technology Holdings.For more information, visit www.phoenixsoftware.co.za, Www.pxsecurity.co.uk and www.pxsoftware.co.za.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021