For this recording, eBizInsights looks at how different business models are driving New Media, our guest is Brent Lindeque.
Enjoy the Recording! Below are some extra take-aways from Brent.
“That includes breaking news and ‘premium’ content like our podcasts, in-depth articles and investigative opinions,” says Brent. “We wholeheartedly believe that good news should always, and will always, remain free for consumption.”
“We understand that budgets are incredibly tight and that every single media owner is struggling to survive right now but we also know that a little ingenuity goes a long way. GoodThingsGuy.com believes in partnering with its advertisers beyond just a pay and play relationship,” he says.
“Take into account the fact that Google and Facebook dominate digital advertising spend, it’s clear that online news sites have to adapt to how they operate. For example, we nurture real partnerships with our advertisers, our readers and our community at large both online and offline. We also believe in giving back and being approachable. As an example, GoodThingsGuy.com has for the longest time offered free banner advertising to one chosen charity per month and will continue to do so. We also work closely with one of our retail advertisers to encourage various calls to action from our local communities.”
The good news site also vows to never allow any intrusive and completely irrelevant pop up advertising. “We are intimately conscious of what our readers want and engage with them directly, in a personal way, on a daily basis,” says Brent. “South Africans want good news, they want connection and they want it readily available – we offer our continued commitment to do just that – without a paywall.”
The Good Things Guy can be found at www.goodthingsguy.com, on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- South Africa still has great investment appeal | Business Insight | CMTrading | ebizradio | - September 17, 2021
- Closing the Gap of Gender Inequality in the South African Labour Market | Business Insight | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 17, 2021