As Grade 12’s begin their final preparations for the Matric National Senior Certificate (NSC) exams, they can now access a free on-line resource that will help them pass Mathematics, and will soon revolutionise student access to teachers.
Most students prepare for their Maths exams using past papers, widely available with written solutions.
The new innovation, called “Paper Video”, adds an additional dimension: Wherever a student gets stuck, they can activate the link next to the question they’re having difficulty with and a video of a teacher will pop up, explaining the solution, step by step.
There is no cost to this service (over and above the cost of internet connectivity) and the videos can be accessed at any time the student requires.
The Mathematics teacher is Paul Maree, a former teacher at Westerford High School who moved to the Centre Of Science And Technology (COSAT) in Khayelitsha in 2014.
Together with Christopher Mills, co-founder and product architect, they intend to make the best teachers available to all students in South Africa, free of charge, by embedding this technology into educational resources that are already widely-used by students.
Available at the website papervideo.co.za, students can access the embedded past papers and video solutions for free. There is also an Exam Booklet for 2014 with bonus material that can be ordered from the website.
The initiative also caters for those students that do not have access to an internet connection or cannot afford the cost of data, by providing DVDs that contain the video-embedded past papers as well as the video solutions.
Paul and Chris will also spend the October school holidays (6 – 10 October) doing revision workshops in Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain and Thembalethu (George), handing out free resource packs to Matric Maths students preparing for the Final Mathematics NSC Papers 1 and 2.
If Maths teachers or schools wish to receive this resource pack, they need only get in contact with the Paper Video team via their website.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020