As Grade 12’s begin their final preparations for the Matric National Senior Certificate (NSC) exams, they can now access a free on-line resource that will help them pass Mathematics, and will soon revolutionise student access to teachers.
Most students prepare for their Maths exams using past papers, widely available with written solutions.
The new innovation, called “Paper Video”, adds an additional dimension: Wherever a student gets stuck, they can activate the link next to the question they’re having difficulty with and a video of a teacher will pop up, explaining the solution, step by step.
There is no cost to this service (over and above the cost of internet connectivity) and the videos can be accessed at any time the student requires.
The Mathematics teacher is Paul Maree, a former teacher at Westerford High School who moved to the Centre Of Science And Technology (COSAT) in Khayelitsha in 2014.
Together with Christopher Mills, co-founder and product architect, they intend to make the best teachers available to all students in South Africa, free of charge, by embedding this technology into educational resources that are already widely-used by students.
Available at the website papervideo.co.za, students can access the embedded past papers and video solutions for free. There is also an Exam Booklet for 2014 with bonus material that can be ordered from the website.
The initiative also caters for those students that do not have access to an internet connection or cannot afford the cost of data, by providing DVDs that contain the video-embedded past papers as well as the video solutions.
Paul and Chris will also spend the October school holidays (6 – 10 October) doing revision workshops in Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain and Thembalethu (George), handing out free resource packs to Matric Maths students preparing for the Final Mathematics NSC Papers 1 and 2.
If Maths teachers or schools wish to receive this resource pack, they need only get in contact with the Paper Video team via their website.
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Its a bad day, not a bad life – Building your brand |#LTM |#BjornSalsone |# Sunil Osman |#Marketing |#Podcast - October 15, 2020
- Lockdown points to a new way to grow local economies | #eBizInsights - October 14, 2020
- The Outdoor Measurement Council (OMC) releases latest ROAD data | #eBizWires - October 14, 2020
- Getting ready for REMOTE SELLING | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#B2B| #Podcast - October 14, 2020