As Grade 12’s begin their final preparations for the Matric National Senior Certificate (NSC) exams, they can now access a free on-line resource that will help them pass Mathematics, and will soon revolutionise student access to teachers.
Most students prepare for their Maths exams using past papers, widely available with written solutions.
The new innovation, called “Paper Video”, adds an additional dimension: Wherever a student gets stuck, they can activate the link next to the question they’re having difficulty with and a video of a teacher will pop up, explaining the solution, step by step.
There is no cost to this service (over and above the cost of internet connectivity) and the videos can be accessed at any time the student requires.
The Mathematics teacher is Paul Maree, a former teacher at Westerford High School who moved to the Centre Of Science And Technology (COSAT) in Khayelitsha in 2014.
Together with Christopher Mills, co-founder and product architect, they intend to make the best teachers available to all students in South Africa, free of charge, by embedding this technology into educational resources that are already widely-used by students.
Available at the website papervideo.co.za, students can access the embedded past papers and video solutions for free. There is also an Exam Booklet for 2014 with bonus material that can be ordered from the website.
The initiative also caters for those students that do not have access to an internet connection or cannot afford the cost of data, by providing DVDs that contain the video-embedded past papers as well as the video solutions.
Paul and Chris will also spend the October school holidays (6 – 10 October) doing revision workshops in Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain and Thembalethu (George), handing out free resource packs to Matric Maths students preparing for the Final Mathematics NSC Papers 1 and 2.
If Maths teachers or schools wish to receive this resource pack, they need only get in contact with the Paper Video team via their website.
- Adapting Conservation into a Economic Activity | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - September 20, 2019
- Cry our beloved SMEs | #eBizWires | Lukhanyo Bushwana - September 20, 2019
- Obsidian Systems’ end-to-end coverage of Open Source Week 2019 - September 20, 2019
- Financial Institutions – Be Better | #eBizWires - September 20, 2019
- How to Register your own SA Company for under R300! #Insight |#IP Braai - September 19, 2019
- Being a Finance Director in your 30’s | #eBizInsight| Emilie Bigot - September 19, 2019
- Gill Randall on Local Newspapers | #eBizInsights - September 17, 2019
- The Truth About Xenophobia in South Africa |#Insights |#Devan Moonsamy - September 16, 2019
- FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE IS THE NEW FRANCHISE FRONTIER | #eBizInsights - September 16, 2019
- How the office will change by 2025 in Africa? |#eBizInsights - September 13, 2019