Multichannel retailing or Omnichannel retailing is the use of a variety of channels in a customer’s shopping experience including research before a purchase.
Such channels include retail stores, online stores, mobile stores, mobile app stores, telephone sales and any other method of transacting with a customer. Transacting includes browsing, buying, returning as well as pre-sale and after-sale service.
This is no longer a linear process, but is now due to multiple channels a very complicated path to purchase.
Omni comes from the Latin “omnis” which means “every/all” .
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019