Multichannel retailing or Omnichannel retailing is the use of a variety of channels in a customer’s shopping experience including research before a purchase.
Such channels include retail stores, online stores, mobile stores, mobile app stores, telephone sales and any other method of transacting with a customer. Transacting includes browsing, buying, returning as well as pre-sale and after-sale service.
This is no longer a linear process, but is now due to multiple channels a very complicated path to purchase.
Omni comes from the Latin “omnis” which means “every/all” .
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020