Obsidian to support AWS drive at Summit 2019
Leading open source technology and services provider Obsidian Systems, in partnership with established operators Atlassian, Redislabs, Cloudera and Autumn Leaf, is a sponsor at the 2019 AWS Summit scheduled for 11 July in Cape Town.
Obsidian will present to delegates on how it can help teams to get their code to AWS, the best compute, for the correct data.
Muggie van Staden, MD of Obsidian Systems, confirmed the company’s participation and said the plan is to work with its industry allies, including Autumn Leaf, to highlight the advantages of AWS cloud computing and datacentre.
Autumn Leaf is a technology supplier with over 30 years market experience, focused on the latest trends in project management and business analysis.
The Summit is an opportunity for the cloud computing community to network and deep dive into topics like how to choose the right database, to modernise the data warehouse and drive digital transformation using AI.
Topics like blockchain, database migration, machine learning and IOT will also feature strongly.
“We are excited to participate in this event, which truly encapsulates every tech influence that underlines digital transformation and the fourth industrial revolution,” says van Staden. “Businesses are changing and embracing digital, making sure that systems are upgraded and legacy is effectively managed in order to capitalise on the progress made. Cloud, analytics and Internet of Things have been identified by global market research and analysis firms like Gartner has stand-out tech influences, that most organisations are aware of- and are eager to leverage. This represents a great opportunity.”
Today business operators have the choice of several options in terms of cloud migration and the management of their data.
Moreover, companies also have more technical resources available to not only secure that data, but also extract the core value of this data to enhance business processes.
“All our partners are recognised market leaders and are centred on the advance of cloud computing, datacentre development and the application of technologies like AI, machine learning, database migration and IOT to add measurable value. We are part of this ecosystem and it is an ecosystem that continues to grow,” van Staden adds.
ABOUT OBSIDIAN SYSTEMS
Obsidian have expanded their knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut, a software development house. The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
- Insights on Data 9 : Actionable Intelligence further examined | #eBizInsights |Marchant Laauween of Atvance Intellect | Podcast - July 11, 2020
- Insights on Data 8: Actionable Intelligence and how it’s the core of Data today|#eBizInsights | Sean Raubenheimer of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 9, 2020
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020