Obsidian Systems says the fact that Karl Fischer, its DevOps Team Lead, has been invited to speak at the prestigious ChefConf 2019 to take place in Seattle from May 20 to 23, is a testament to the work it has done in the local open source community.
For the past eight years, ChefConf has been the most significant gathering for the DevOps community to learn, share, and network the strategies, tactics, and insights for transformational application delivery in companies today.
Fischer’s talk is titled ‘We came for the tech and stayed for the community’ where he will discuss how open standards has evolved to become a business imperative for digital organisations today.
“We are excited that Karl will not only represent Obsidian on such an international stage, but the country as well. The Chef environment has been one of the secrets behind our success and having such a platform to share best practices with our peers in other countries is invaluable,” says Muggie van Staden, MD of Obsidian Systems.
For Fischer, this is a journey that began in 1999 when he turned 18 and discovered open source.
“Even after all these years, open source is still my passion. As an organisation, Obsidian has enabled me to live, breathe, and do everything on open source. It has been using open standards since it launched more than two decades ago. However, we needed to move into a new era for shipping features to our customers and a way of testing functionality on different platforms, always ensuring compliance. This is where Chef made our dreams a reality. Not only is the technology great, but the community surrounding it is one of its best features,” says Fischer.
He joins other international speakers that include Adam Jacob co-founder of Chef; Jennifer Davis from Microsoft; Nathan Harvey from Google, and John Willis from Botchagalupe Technologies for the three-day event that includes a variety of sessions, workshops, and networking opportunities.
For more information about ChefConf, visit https://chefconf.chef.io/.
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions. The company was started in 1995 as a services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure.
Obsidian Systems has since expanded its knowledge base by acquiring 25% of both Autumn Leaf and GuruHut. The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java expertise aligning our enterprise-ready open solutions for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready your infrastructure, big data, agile and bimodal IT strategies for your business.
We strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification.
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021