Obsidian Systems and partners unmask the power of SDN, microservices and containers
Obsidian Systems, an open source (OS) technology, services and solutions specialist, in association with industry partners the Docker Inc, Microsoft Azure, Atlassian, SUSE and HPE will together host a technology-focused network and information session in Cape Town on 21 February and Johannesburg on 23 February.
Riedwaan Bassadien from Microsoft Azure, Matthew Lee from SUSE and Matthew Coughlan from Atlassian will join representatives from HPE in this high level technology information session.
These industry leaders within the open source ecosystem will discuss how software-defined infrastructure, microservices and Docker containers are revolutionising the datacentre, challenging the traditional rigid model and driving the benefits of agility.
This is paving the way for the increased adoption and application of OS technology, adding continuous value to enterprise networks.
Docker is the company behind the container movement with a platform for developers and IT operations teams to build, ship and run applications anywhere. From Windows to Linux, monoliths to microservices architectures and on-premises to the cloud, Docker is the unified platform to deliver agility, portability and control for organizations of all sizes
This specialised project is spearheading the migration of app development toward cloud and micro-service architectures, and provides a platform for app development and delivery.
This platform brings together a series of capabilities which include orchestration, security, scheduling, management, networking and content distribution.
The OS-focused roadshow has been organised to address the general misperception about the inherent value of containers and the role of this technology in deploying and managing Linux software.
While many see containers as being a ‘silver bullet’ to configuration management, the reality is that these require maintenance – and that boils down to hands-on configuration.
This is the main message that Obsidian Systems will communicate to delegates says MD Muggie van Staden.
“We have partnered with Docker to support this important industry initiative, one that will clear up any misconception around containers, the role they play in infrastructure and application delivery. We are proud to be a part of this team and look forward to engaging with business leaders,” said van Staden.
Register for Cape Town: https://docker-rsa-cpt.eventbrite.com
Register for Johannesburg: https://docker-rsa-jhb.eventbrite.com
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions.The company was started in 1995 as a modest services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure. The last two years Obsidian Systems has expanded its knowledge base by acquiring 25% of both Autumn Leaf and GuruHut.
The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and bimodal IT strategies for your business. Obsidian Systems and its subsidiaries, GuruHut and Autumn Leaf strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification. With these three elements, any organisation can trust the enterprise open source solution provided.
Obsidian Systems is a Level 2 contributor to Broad-based Black Economic empowered supplier of open source software solutions in South Africa. For a smarter perspective on your IT visit us at http://smarterdata.co.za/ and http://smarterteams.co.za/.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021