Leading Open Source technology and services specialist Obsidian Systems is proud to announce that it has become an official HashiCorp partner and will provide the South African market with access to next generation data centre management solutions.
HashiCorp was established in 2012 to revolutionize data centre management application development, delivery, and maintenance.
The company believes business owners can benefit by combining and applying several technologies, including public-and private cloud, hybrid cloud, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, to architect a data centre.
Obsidian designs technology solutions using the best fit software and vendor partners to help any business, from large enterprises to bespoke companies, achieve individual goals, ensure team deliverables and broader business objectives.
Through its alliance with HashiCorp, the open source specialist firm is pleased to now support the installation and support of top-end enterprise solutions such as Vault, Terraform, Consul and Nomad.
These solutions empower companies with various levels of cloud service and competency, including secrets management, privilege access management, infrastructure as code, service discovery, distributed KV store, as well as scheduling. Although based on Open Source Code, which is HashiCorp’s distribution model, the enterprise products are proprietary and are released as separate binaries.
HashiCorp offers yearly subscriptions to the products which in addition to the proprietary features also include support with associated service level agreements,”
The company focus is not on supporting Open Source with customers but selling Enterprise subscriptions with support.
This is where Obsidian is ideally positioned to add the value of its expertise, market experience and technical acumen.
“Our focus is on collaboration through our carefully constructed vendor alliances. These strategic partnerships lead to effective deployment and management of game-changing systems that address core business development issue,” explains Obsidian Systems MD Muggie van Staden.
“Our partner base allows you to select the best arsenal to meet your team, code, compute, and data needs,” he says.
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions. The company was started in 1995 as a services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure.
Obsidian Systems has expanded its knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut.
The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
Obsidian Systems and its subsidiaries strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification. With these three elements, any organisation can trust the enterprise open source solution provided.
- Made in… purpose| #eBizWires - August 3, 2020
- Women lead differently – find your own voice |#Lunchtime Series |#Leadership #Kevin Britz |#Naomi Basson |Podcast - August 3, 2020
- The reason behind Caxton local newspapers free subscription model| #eBizWires - August 3, 2020
- Why invest in Marketing and how it can improve profits |#Lunchtime Series |#Business |#Kevin Britz |#Pieter Gruenbaum| Video - July 31, 2020
- 24-7-30 and what sex has to do anything|#Lunchtime Series |#Kevin Britz |#Bjorn Salsone |#Marketing |#Podcast - July 30, 2020
- Your unconscious bias influences your leadership |#Coaching |#LunchtimeSeries |#Kevin Britz |#Robert Pearse| Video - July 29, 2020
- Secondary Trauma during tough times |#The Lunchtime Show | #Mental wellness |# Kevin Britz| Video - July 28, 2020
- I know a guy! |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu |#Podcast - July 28, 2020
- The Lunchtime Show |#Leadership |#Kevin Britz |#Naomi Basson |#Podcast - July 27, 2020
- Insights on Data 10: How Data is driving new Revolutions | #eBizInsights | Enlin Neveling | Podcast - July 22, 2020