Leading provider of Open Source technology and services Obsidian Systems has confirmed its Platinum Sponsorship of the DevConf ZA event in Cape Town on 26 March 2019 and in Johannesburg on 28 March 2019.
The community-driven and developer focused DevConf ZA has been organised to provide software developers with the tools, practices and principles required to address existing and emerging challenges within the South African software development environment.
It is an established forum to empower software developers with insight into the latest technologies and trends, as well as pragmatic advice on how best to handle the challenges of working in large enterprise systems.
Among the speakers lined up for the event is Clifford de Wit, CTO and co-founder of a new digital business within the Metrofile group, Dexterity Digital. He will present on the age of the modern developer.
DevOps lead at Obsidian Systems Karl Fischer will present a discussion at the event entitled Where Test-driven development and infrastructure as code have a love child.
In the run-up to the presentation and by way of introducing the topic, Fischer said with the advent of composable infrastructure or infrastructure as code, there is a need to focus more on getting reproducible systems as opposed to a patchwork of chaos.
“Using test-driven techniques we can create and implement reliable, repeatable infrastructure,” said Fischer.
Obsidian Systems MD Muggie van Staden said the software development space is changing rapidly, particularly in markets like South Africa.
The company looks forward to making its mark on the event and using the opportunity to network with other service providers and business owners within the competitive open source and enterprise software development environment.
Topics on the agenda include cloud, the art of developer maintenance, mob programming and programming for accessibility, among others.
DevConf traditionally attracts 800 delegates in Johannesburg and 350 in Cape Town, with tickets selling out quickly. For more information, visit https://www.devconf.co.za/
About Obsidian Systems
Obsidian Systems is an established supplier of Open Source software solutions. The company was started in 1995 as a services provider targeting businesses and organisations looking to integrate and leverage off Linux infrastructure.
Obsidian Systems has expanded its knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut.
The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
Obsidian Systems and its subsidiaries strive to bring three legs to the South African market: the first being vendor-certified products, the second being local skills providing consulting, development and support and the third being vendor-certified training and certification. With these three elements, any organisation can trust the enterprise open source solution provided.
- Just Talk to People | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Laura Ruthven| Female Entrepreneur SA Magazine | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 24, 2022
- Can technology take the pain out of recruitment? | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Francois de Wet | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 24, 2022
- Why understanding UBOs is critical |#Insight | #ebizradio | Jason Shedden | Contactable - January 24, 2022
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022