Manhattan Sweets launched their “Now that’s real sweet” campaign at selected Ster-Kinekor cinemas in December 2015, featuring the range of sweets that Manhattan has to offer. The outcome was real sweet as the sweets took on a larger than life stardom on the big screen.
“The objective of the campaign was to launch our first Manhattan commercial to moms with kids under the age of 12. We needed an impactful launch, while working with a limited budget,” says M&C Saatchi CONNECT Strategist, Rita Nel.
She explains that the campaign was tactical, where they only targeted selected cinemas in areas where Manhattan has a good distribution. The team also targeted family movies that moms and kids would be watching together.
“Cinema allowed us to focus on tactical activity only in relevant areas, where moms and kids are excited and shopping in a mall, thus they are close to the moment of purchase. The campaign is also light hearted so we wanted to tap into that family-fun mood,” Nel says.
The big screen feature of these delicious sweets, which have had a brand reputation since 1948, have resulted in a successful return both in terms of sales and brand awareness. Manhattan Sweets are now true movie celebrities, appealing to the audience that finds them most enticing.
- Insights on Data 9 : Actionable Intelligence further examined | #eBizInsights |Marchant Laauween of Atvance Intellect | Podcast - July 11, 2020
- Insights on Data 8: Actionable Intelligence and how it’s the core of Data today|#eBizInsights | Sean Raubenheimer of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 9, 2020
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020