Manhattan Sweets launched their “Now that’s real sweet” campaign at selected Ster-Kinekor cinemas in December 2015, featuring the range of sweets that Manhattan has to offer. The outcome was real sweet as the sweets took on a larger than life stardom on the big screen.
“The objective of the campaign was to launch our first Manhattan commercial to moms with kids under the age of 12. We needed an impactful launch, while working with a limited budget,” says M&C Saatchi CONNECT Strategist, Rita Nel.
She explains that the campaign was tactical, where they only targeted selected cinemas in areas where Manhattan has a good distribution. The team also targeted family movies that moms and kids would be watching together.
“Cinema allowed us to focus on tactical activity only in relevant areas, where moms and kids are excited and shopping in a mall, thus they are close to the moment of purchase. The campaign is also light hearted so we wanted to tap into that family-fun mood,” Nel says.
The big screen feature of these delicious sweets, which have had a brand reputation since 1948, have resulted in a successful return both in terms of sales and brand awareness. Manhattan Sweets are now true movie celebrities, appealing to the audience that finds them most enticing.
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022
- The 2022 School Year: What Teachers, Parents and Learners Can Expect | #Classroom | #ebizradio | The Love Trust - January 10, 2022
- An African Platform for African business by African Business | #Entrepreneur | Word of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Grace Mumo | Luxury Xclusives - January 10, 2022
- No matter what – SHOW UP! | #Entrepreneur | #BizInsight| Ingrid von Stein | Daniel Kahn | Firstwatch | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021
- Mission Possible! – A global health doctor takes on a new mission | #Insight | Ingrid von Stein | Dr. Allan Pambe | Roche Diagnostics | #Podcast | #ebizradio - December 22, 2021