Aegis Media will be hosting the 6th Thought Leadership Digibate that will debate and discuss whether or not social media should be the first pillar of a marketing strategy. The event, in conjunction with BizCommunity, will be held on 29 June 2012 at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch and will stream live on www.ebizradio.com from 09h30 to 11h00.
The free flowing discussion, moderated by Dawn Rowlands, CEO, Aegis Media Sub Saharan Africa, will look to cover the following topics:
- Social media ROI – what is effective, how do you measure?
- Picking social platforms – how do you go about finding what platforms to use?
- Earned media versus Owned media – which is which?
- In-house versus Outsource social media – pro’s, con’s and things to look out for
- The role of content in social media – what is it, why do it?
- What other mediums does social play well with?
- What is a realistic benchmark to set ?
Jerome Touze | Co-founder | www.wayn.com
WAYN.COM was co-founded by Jerome Touze and Peter Ward as today is the world’s largest travel and social site with over 19 million members with an average of 23 million visitors to the site per month. To date wayn.com has not spent a cent of above the line advertising or marketing and has only used social media to grow their business. WAYN stands for Where Are You Now?
Mike Stopforth | CEO | Cerebra
Cerebra, is a leading strategic communications agency specializing in social media and PR for corporate brands. Mike also co-founded Web startup Afrigator, Africa’s social media aggregator, the 27dinner social networking movement and App Assassins.
Sarah Britten is an independent Communications & new media strategist, writer, blogger and artist, she has worked in the ad industry for over a decade. Her clients have included Standard Bank, Wimpy, Kulula, MTN, Land Rover and FNB Commercial. She procrastinated for 7 years to get her PhD, which is titled “One Nation, One Beer: The Mythology of the New South Africa in Advertising”. When she isn’t being annoyingly opinionated, she paints pictures of the Joburg skyline in lipstick (no, really).
Uno de Waal | Senior Social Strategist | Trigger Isobar
Uno started Between 10 and 5 (a creative showcase website for South Africa) and Max Rover (A research and strategy agency). Max Rover went on to manage the niche channels for DSTV: VUZU, kykNET, MK and Channel O and was instrumental in packaging the digital offerings, revamping the platforms and growing the owned properties. 10and5 is now ranked as one of the top creative resources for South Africans looking for design inspiration.
The Thought Leadership Digibates are held monthly with the aim to discuss, debate and share insights and trends within the media marketing sector. The podcasts will be available for download after the event.
About Aegis Media
Aegis Media is constantly pioneering the worlds of media communications and market research. It is the only global marketing services group focused on the two most strategically significant disciplines in marketing today and it consistently grows faster than its markets. Aegis Media brings together some of the worlds leading brands in marketing services with a shared vision to create the communications group of the future.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020