A new contributor joins us at eBizRadio for our Entrepreneur segment:
Zuki Mzozoyana is passionate about the use of innovative thinking to drive social change.
Her current focus is on empowering young minds through instilling the entrepreneurial mindset that she believes is a non-negotiable for all kids who face a future characterised by rapid change in technological advancements, disruptions in all sectors and the general “rules of engagement” in the world of work. This is through her business Gen Next Kids which operates a franchise called Young Entrepreneurs.
For 6 years Zuki was part of the senior management team managing dealership operations for a multinational corporation. In this fiercely competitive, male dominated retail automotive sector, she was custodian for big name brands such as Volkswagen and Lexus.
In 3 years, she led a team of experienced industry professionals that took on the challenge of running a greenfields dealership based in a township. In that time the business enjoyed a turnaround of 56% BPT plugging major losses and taking the business to its first breakeven in less than two years. She had joined Barloworld in 2010 as a candidate on the then Rhodes Investec Business School Dealer Principal (General Manager) program.
Previously (2009), she founded a Brand Engagement Agency called MzozNet Branding which became an operational member of the leading International brand agency The Brand Union with over 500 staff in 21 offices around the world.
In 2007 – 2009, she was the Co-creator and Director of the ground breaking experiential marketing project Lifestyle SA Festival – Celebrating Black which enjoyed a successful two year run in Cape Town and Johannesburg. The festival attracted major sponsorship and endorsement from leading lifestyle brands and the support of 8000 visitors per festival.
Zuki’s multi-industry career began in 2003 where she crafted her art as sales professional, relationship manager and B2B consultant in the highly competitive and fast-paced financial services sector, ending with a brief stint in telecommunications. She worked for blue chip giants such as Momentum Life, Old Mutual and MTN Corporate. While at Momentum, Zuki served a two year term as a member on the Junior Executive Board. She was also recognised as one of the top sales executives winning several awards.
Outside of work, Zuki remains active in non-profit organisations that are centred on economic empowerment, leadership and entrepreneur development among South Africa’s young professionals. She was a founding member and past director of the Black Management Forum Young Professionals. She also served on the board of YBSA (Young Business South Africa).
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021