A new book that aims to change the perception that self-publishing is not a reputable industry, is being released today. Publish like a Pro, arguably the first all-in-one reference book, explores every aspect of self-publishing, empowering authors to create better quality products and helping them avoid costly mistakes.
Co-authored by publishing experts Vanessa Wilson and Georgina Hatch, the book offers budding fiction and non-fiction authors detailed information about the entire publishing process including: Writing a book; Learning how to promote and market your product; The technical process of producing a book; How to get funding/sponsorship for your book; Budgeting and profit planning; Sales and distribution channels and e-books.
According to Wilson, the founder and publishing director of Quickfox Publishing, self-publishing is a booming industry, with many South African authors choosing to go this route. Yet, accurate information pertinent to South African authors has always been notoriously hard to come by and time-consuming to find. Publish Like a Pro aims to change that and combat the stigma around self-published works.
Says Wilson, “The aim of the book is to fully empower authors with regards to publishing, and to improve the quality of self-published books so that the self-publishing industry in its entirety becomes more reputable and is perceived as a valid and respected publishing alternative.”
Wilson continues, “We also believe very strongly in responsible publishing. Throughout my years consulting with authors, it saddens me to see how many authors come to us after having paid a lot of money to publish their books through other local and international services, only to be told that their books are not good enough for certain channels of distribution or media reviews. We guide authors throughout our book on what to expect and to do due diligence when researching potential publishing companies. The book is full of tips, worksheets, templates, practical advice and best practices to assist in creating a professional and profitable product.”
Nelisa Lunika, Community Publishing Programme Coordinator, Centre for the Book, National Library of South Africa (NLSA), describes Publish like a Pro as “The most comprehensive and practical guide of its kind – essential reading for all authors. Follow its advice and you’ll be well on your way to success”.
Publish like a Pro will be available in all reputable book stores from 5 October at a recommended retail price of R295 and is currently available for sale at R255 via publisher.co.za
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021