NEW BOOK AIMS TO COMBAT THE STIGMA AROUND SELF-PUBLISHING |#ebizradio |#Insight | #Vanessa Wilson
A new book that aims to change the perception that self-publishing is not a reputable industry, is being released today. Publish like a Pro, arguably the first all-in-one reference book, explores every aspect of self-publishing, empowering authors to create better quality products and helping them avoid costly mistakes.
Co-authored by publishing experts Vanessa Wilson and Georgina Hatch, the book offers budding fiction and non-fiction authors detailed information about the entire publishing process including: Writing a book; Learning how to promote and market your product; The technical process of producing a book; How to get funding/sponsorship for your book; Budgeting and profit planning; Sales and distribution channels and e-books.
According to Wilson, the founder and publishing director of Quickfox Publishing, self-publishing is a booming industry, with many South African authors choosing to go this route. Yet, accurate information pertinent to South African authors has always been notoriously hard to come by and time-consuming to find. Publish Like a Pro aims to change that and combat the stigma around self-published works.
Says Wilson, “The aim of the book is to fully empower authors with regards to publishing, and to improve the quality of self-published books so that the self-publishing industry in its entirety becomes more reputable and is perceived as a valid and respected publishing alternative.”
Wilson continues, “We also believe very strongly in responsible publishing. Throughout my years consulting with authors, it saddens me to see how many authors come to us after having paid a lot of money to publish their books through other local and international services, only to be told that their books are not good enough for certain channels of distribution or media reviews. We guide authors throughout our book on what to expect and to do due diligence when researching potential publishing companies. The book is full of tips, worksheets, templates, practical advice and best practices to assist in creating a professional and profitable product.”
Nelisa Lunika, Community Publishing Programme Coordinator, Centre for the Book, National Library of South Africa (NLSA), describes Publish like a Pro as “The most comprehensive and practical guide of its kind – essential reading for all authors. Follow its advice and you’ll be well on your way to success”.
Publish like a Pro will be available in all reputable book stores from 5 October at a recommended retail price of R295 and is currently available for sale at R255 via publisher.co.za
- On the Frontline in the fight against Diabetes - November 15, 2018
- Outsourcing the policy administration function | #eBizWires - November 15, 2018
- Why privacy and security matter | #eBizInsights - November 15, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 17 | Twaing Trading |Mpho Kgoale | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 13, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 16 | Third Century Computing | Ndaelo Moses Tshikovhi | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 13, 2018
- How we made it in Africa |#eBizRadio | #eBiz Insights | Jaco Maritz - November 13, 2018
- THE EVOLUTION OF PAYMENTS | #eBizInsights | Andrew Whittaker and Chris Michael - November 9, 2018
- BI to combat insurance policy lapses| #eBizWires - November 6, 2018
- Dormakaba’s smart solutions revolutionise hospitality industry - November 5, 2018
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 15 | Frame Your World | Nicole Sithole | #eBizEntrepreneurs - November 5, 2018
- On the Frontline in the fight against Diabetes
- Outsourcing the policy administration function | #eBizWires
- Why privacy and security matter | #eBizInsights
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 17 | Twaing Trading |Mpho Kgoale | #eBizEntrepreneurs
- SAB Boosts Youth Entrepreneurs Finalist 16 | Third Century Computing | Ndaelo Moses Tshikovhi | #eBizEntrepreneurs
- How we made it in Africa |#eBizRadio | #eBiz Insights | Jaco Maritz