Over the years, busy lifestyles have led to the development of new ways to shop for essentials. In South Africa, Pick ‘n Pay and Woolworths both offer online shopping. In the United States, drive-through convenience stores are almost as common as drive-through takeaways. And Amazon styled stores have taken over the world.
The Koreans already have a virtual grocery store, operated by Tesco Homeplus. Commuters are able to shop and pay with their phone while waiting for the train. Orders are packaged and delivered after commuters return home in the evening (certainly a step up from South African online grocery delivery).
The difference between picking up your vegetables and meats on the subway, and ordering them online for home delivery is that commuters can actually make use of time spent in transit. That’s a big difference from taking time away from work to check your grocery list – or to leave early to receive your delivery.
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Its a bad day, not a bad life – Building your brand |#LTM |#BjornSalsone |# Sunil Osman |#Marketing |#Podcast - October 15, 2020
- Lockdown points to a new way to grow local economies | #eBizInsights - October 14, 2020
- The Outdoor Measurement Council (OMC) releases latest ROAD data | #eBizWires - October 14, 2020
- Getting ready for REMOTE SELLING | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#B2B| #Podcast - October 14, 2020