Over the years, busy lifestyles have led to the development of new ways to shop for essentials. In South Africa, Pick ‘n Pay and Woolworths both offer online shopping. In the United States, drive-through convenience stores are almost as common as drive-through takeaways. And Amazon styled stores have taken over the world.
The Koreans already have a virtual grocery store, operated by Tesco Homeplus. Commuters are able to shop and pay with their phone while waiting for the train. Orders are packaged and delivered after commuters return home in the evening (certainly a step up from South African online grocery delivery).
The difference between picking up your vegetables and meats on the subway, and ordering them online for home delivery is that commuters can actually make use of time spent in transit. That’s a big difference from taking time away from work to check your grocery list – or to leave early to receive your delivery.
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021