There have been several reports on how low-cost smartphones could boost e-commerce in SA… These mass market smartphones have become more and more relevant to utilise as a medium for communicating with businesses target audiences and a tool to gather important information!
Despite the slowing down globally of the growth in smartphones, in South Africa sales are climbing steadily. The continued introduction of low-cost smartphones will not only play a significant role in bridging the technology gaps between feature phone and smartphone users in Africa but also fuel South Africa’s e-commerce sector, mirroring the growth experienced in other countries the world over.
Today we speak to Amanda Reekie from ovatoyou.
Amanda identified a tech gap in the research and marketing industry.
As a driven and successful female entrepreneur and mom, Amanda is the owner and founder of two companies, ImagiNATION Alliance and ovatoyou.
She has identified a space for a quicker more “in-the-moment” method of gathering consumer research, and as such her brainchild, ovatoyou (www.ovatyou.co.za) serves to be just that.
The app provides brands with competitive insight into customers’ preferences, behaviours and lifestyles by combining traditional research methods with the always accessible mobile trend.
Amanda is an inspiring thought leader among women in SA and strives to make her mark in the tech space going forward.
We chat to Amanda about the ovatoyou as well as placing the company its market related context.
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Its a bad day, not a bad life – Building your brand |#LTM |#BjornSalsone |# Sunil Osman |#Marketing |#Podcast - October 15, 2020
- Lockdown points to a new way to grow local economies | #eBizInsights - October 14, 2020
- The Outdoor Measurement Council (OMC) releases latest ROAD data | #eBizWires - October 14, 2020
- Getting ready for REMOTE SELLING | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#B2B| #Podcast - October 14, 2020