There have been several reports on how low-cost smartphones could boost e-commerce in SA… These mass market smartphones have become more and more relevant to utilise as a medium for communicating with businesses target audiences and a tool to gather important information!
Despite the slowing down globally of the growth in smartphones, in South Africa sales are climbing steadily. The continued introduction of low-cost smartphones will not only play a significant role in bridging the technology gaps between feature phone and smartphone users in Africa but also fuel South Africa’s e-commerce sector, mirroring the growth experienced in other countries the world over.
Today we speak to Amanda Reekie from ovatoyou.
Amanda identified a tech gap in the research and marketing industry.
As a driven and successful female entrepreneur and mom, Amanda is the owner and founder of two companies, ImagiNATION Alliance and ovatoyou.
She has identified a space for a quicker more “in-the-moment” method of gathering consumer research, and as such her brainchild, ovatoyou (www.ovatyou.co.za) serves to be just that.
The app provides brands with competitive insight into customers’ preferences, behaviours and lifestyles by combining traditional research methods with the always accessible mobile trend.
Amanda is an inspiring thought leader among women in SA and strives to make her mark in the tech space going forward.
We chat to Amanda about the ovatoyou as well as placing the company its market related context.
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathon Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020