Africa has and continues to face many health challenges – high blood pressure, diabetes, malaria, tuberculosis, to mention a few. How can and does diagnostics play a pivotal role in assisting to manage and minimize this?
We connect with Dr. Allan Pambe and find out more about his life’s journey and his new roll as the Africa Network Lead for Roche Diagnostics.
Dr Allan Pamba, previously Independent Global Health Consultant, has joined Roche Diagnostics as Africa Network Lead. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, Dr Pamba now reports to Bernard Colombo, Head of EMEA-LATAM for Roche Diagnostics. In his new role, Dr Pamba will become a member of the Roche Diagnostics EMEA-LATAM leadership team and focus on ensuring end-to-end coordination of investments in Africa, working with existing African Management Centres, BAs, Pharma and Group. He will also engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
Dr Pamba brings exceptional knowledge and expertise in the multinational pharmaceutical area and the hospital sector to his new role. He began his career with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as a clinical leader and subsequently held several positions with increasing responsibility. These included Director for Public Engagement & Emerging Markets Access Strategy, Vice President & General Manager East Africa & Head of Government Affairs Africa.
Dr Pamba was then appointed CEO of the Nairobi Hospital. He has worked in the United Kingdom, the United States and Kenya. Prior to joining GSK, Dr Pamba trained as a physician in Kenya. He worked in clinical care in Kenya at various levels of health delivery, including government service, mission hospitals and research hospitals. He conducted clinical trials on management of severe malaria in children at the Wellcome-Trust Research Unit in Kilifi, Kenya, and has published several papers on malaria.
Dr Pamba played an important role in setting up one of the first HIV Comprehensive Care Clinics in government service in Kenya, with the aid of PEPFAR (The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief) funding. He has a special interest in equitable access to healthcare and overall development in the least developed countries.
Dr Pamba holds a Bachelor of Medicine, a Bachelor of Surgery as well as a Master of Science on Public Health in Developing Countries. Dr Pamba comments:
“As my career continues to evolve in business leadership, creation of Access and shared value have consistently been important dimensions in everything I do. I am very excited to join Roche Diagnostics because I know these dimensions are already key considerations in the business”.
For more information, please visit diagnostics roche.com
- Making news headlines this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- Motoring News – Chery Tiggo 8 – Suzuki V-Storm DL-650 | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 21, 2022
- The State We’re In 2022 – Six Trend Pillars for this year | #Trends | #Insight | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Female Leadership – Success Factors and Barriers to Overcome | #Insight | #ChangeConversations | Mpume Ncube-Daka | Moloko Komane | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2022
- Taming the ‘black swan’ gives rise to the Gig economy | #Opinion | #Mamiki Matlawa | Qunu Staffing | #ebizradio - January 17, 2022
- In the news this week | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- BE BOLD, BE BRAVE | #UnscriptedLife | Clive Vanderwagen | Craig Urbani |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 14, 2022
- Are you thinking of buying a pre-owned 4×4? | #Motoring | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 13, 2022
- How Paying it Forward in business changes the environment | #LTC | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Helen Martin | #Podcast | #ebizradio - January 12, 2022
- How professionals create good money habits | Change Conversations | Mpume Ncube Daka | Amanda Dambuza | #ebizradio | #Podcast - January 11, 2022