Let’s think about that for a second… let’s pay someone to tell us how to run projects in our business, a business we understand better than anyone else.
I challenge this point! No-one will ever know your business as well as you do, however, getting someone in to assist in the implementation of a methodology that governs the way you manage and implement this, now that is a different story all together!
So now that you have taken this action, the most significant decision still awaits – what methodology will be used to guide you to project excellence, what is the supporting toolset required to be implemented to help you achieve this objective?
We all know we need to use technology within our business as it surpasses any other means of achieving productivity and governance …but where to start?
All processes, documents, templates and other resources that can be decided upon, will be determined on the basis of specific outcomes required.
This means that first selecting a methodology to be used can add significant value.
Various sub-processes, including the overall demand management and execution processes, will be put in place. This is a tremendous benefit to the business because the technology solution selected will support processes that have already been implemented and adapted in the business.
Unfortunately, there is some bad news. NO technology solution will just take what you have designed and “work” without serious consulting, configuration and fights with the vendor around the specific solution implementation.
Let’s decide to implement a technology solution first, every vendors dream scenario. You will get promised that this specific solution is configurable and can easily be adapted for whatever methodology or processes you have decided on.
This solution might actually be running very quickly as most vendors today have rapid deployment methods, so you could be up and running within a couple of days. Now starts the change management and training and… the limitations! “Well if you change your processes the solution will be perfect”, sound familiar?
Regrettably there is no easy answer to any of the above-mentioned problem statements and suggestions.
The closest you will get to the holy grail of project management implementations in any form whatsoever, is to do it both at the same time.
Let me explain…It is a proven fact that certain methodologies will work better in certain industries than others, whether these be PMBOK-based, Prince II-based, Agile or the like. This decision will take a little bit of research that is freely available on the internet. What not a lot of people will tell you is that whatever you do, needs to be done at the same time.
Consider these very simple action plans in this decision – they can potentially save you loads of money on expensive consultants and replace redundant technology solutions that simply do not work.
We discuss these points and other relevant ones below:
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021