Mediatech Africa 2017 a Playground for Creative Expression | #eBizInsights | Simon Robinson
It’s said that creativity has no limits but those of the mind. Whereas in the past it may have been the constraints of technology that capped ingenuity – today it’s the catalyst for creativity; bringing imagination to life. Breakthrough technologies transform experiences and influence how the media and entertainment technology industry operate and this year, Mediatech Africa will again showcase the latest products and trends shaping the creative pulse of these industries.
A trade show that pulls over 7 500 visitors, showcases close on 800 brands from 150 odd global and local exhibitor companies; Mediatech Africa is undeniably the premier trade show that serves the media and entertainment technology industry. A biennial show, the organisers have announced that the 2017 event will run from 19 – 21 July at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Although stand sales have only just opened, they are selling fast, with familiar local and global companies returning. A good indicator of the show’s growth and standing, exhibition director Simon Robinson says, “The three day event attracts exhibitors who are leaders in their categories – shape shifters of the highest calibre and we are excited to see what tech trends they will showcase this year.”
Everything about the event is at the forefront of innovation and every touchpoint is designed to enhance the visitor experience. It’s an unmatched platform for networking, entertainment, education, and exposure to new products and thinking.
“Technology is increasingly the genesis of creative expression. Our show has become the hallmark for the expression of creativity and it’s about origination and bringing ideas to life using the latest tech in niche verticals,” says Robinson.
Some of the broad tech trends being predicted for the year ahead include the advent of Virtual Reality (VR) entertainment stations that are used for low-cost, high-quality VR experiences. Others include exploring the potential of augmenting reality through sound. There is no doubt that VR and Augmented Reality (AR) are disruptive digital technologies that are changing the future and Robinson says it’s trends like these that may find their way onto the Mediatech conference programme. Adding to this he says that Mediatech is about giving visitors the opportunity of tapping into the possibilities that exist now and in the future using technology.
“Experiences that break through to consumers are increasingly valuable to brands – and one of the few truly effective ways to do so, is through the deployment of tech,” says Robinson. “With this in mind, we believe that Mediatech is a world where people and brands can raise their creative potential.”
Broadcast and film and video production exhibitors already signed up include prominent businesses like Jasco, Inala and Concilium Technologies. On the AV integration and live event technology front, well-known companies such as Christie, Crestron, Viva Afrika and Electrosonic have already confirmed their participation.
“Because every major player and brand features at Mediatech, the possibility for market intelligence to be gleaned from this event is unmatched – and this year will be no different,” concludes Robinson.
- A guide to sustainable conferences and events | #eBizWires - May 25, 2018
- What does SA need to do to attract more Foreign Direct Investment? | #eBizInsights | Bryden Morton - May 24, 2018
- Ring expands to South Africa | #eBizWires - May 23, 2018
- SearchInform solutions officially on SA’s IT security radar | eBizInsight - May 23, 2018
- How Upskilling your staff increases a companies bottomline | #eBizInsights | Didi Ndlovu - May 22, 2018
- BRETT DAWSON POWERS 4IR WITH INVESTMENTS IN SIX TRANSFORMATIONAL START-UPS | #eBizTechnology | Brett Dawson - May 16, 2018
- Dormakaba to demo smart, secure access control at Hotel Show Africa 2018 | #eBizWires - May 16, 2018
- Prioritising mobile security in the workplace | #eBizWires - May 14, 2018
- Insurance model requires digital innovation | #eBizWires - May 9, 2018
- Why banks are using satellite services | #eBizWires - May 8, 2018
- A guide to sustainable conferences and events | #eBizWires
- What does SA need to do to attract more Foreign Direct Investment? | #eBizInsights | Bryden Morton
- Ring expands to South Africa | #eBizWires
- SearchInform solutions officially on SA’s IT security radar | eBizInsight
- How Upskilling your staff increases a companies bottomline | #eBizInsights | Didi Ndlovu
- BRETT DAWSON POWERS 4IR WITH INVESTMENTS IN SIX TRANSFORMATIONAL START-UPS | #eBizTechnology | Brett Dawson
- Biz InsightFeaturedPodcast
- ArticleBiz InsightFeatured
- Biz InsightFeaturedPodcast