Mediamark’s newly launched TV division has been appointed as the official advertising sales representative for Glow TV, a new free-to-air channel on the OpenView HD satellite bouquet. This forms part of the company’s ongoing strategy to diversify from its roots in radio to become a true multichannel media sales house.
Glow TV is the product of cooperation between Kagiso Media and Nolava Television. It focuses on offering ‘eastern-inspired’ content for all South Africans on Platco’s new Openview HD free-to-air platform.
“Glow TV is an excellent starting point for our expansion into television,” says Elton Ollerhead, Managing Director, at Mediamark. “While the new TV division will operate as a standalone department with Mervyn Naidu leading the sales team, it will leverage Mediamark’s excellent reputation, infrastructure and media expertise to provide clients with TV solutions that deliver relevant audiences, and value to advertisers.”
Founded 16 years ago as Radmark with the specific focus on radio sales, Mediamark today represents about 16% of all radio advertising spend in South Africa. In recent years, the company has added a range of top digital offerings to its portfolio and more recently, events. Mediamark’s present portfolio comprises popular regional radio brands Capricorn FM, East Coast Radio, Gagasi FM, Heart 104.9FM, POWER 98.7, Jacaranda FM and Smile90.4. Mediamark’s digital stable includes Howzit MSN, one of South Africa’s leading content portals, as well as global communications giant, Skype.
“It is our intention to build a similarly strong presence in TV, adding a range of channels to our offering that give our advertisers the ability to speak to a range of audience segments,” says Ollerhead. “We will focus on those to allow advertisers to connect with underserved markets and execute innovative campaigns, including converged solutions.”
Ollerhead concludes, “Following the rapid expansion of our traditional radio business as well as our entrance into the events and digital spaces, TV forms the next cornerstone of our strategy to become a true converged media solutions company. Each of the offerings in our existing portfolio is a top player in its medium. But even more importantly, we are positioning ourselves to offer our clients converged media buys that help them to better coordinate campaigns across multiple media channels and hence improve the returns they get from their marketing spending.”
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020