Mediamark’s newly launched TV division has been appointed as the official advertising sales representative for Glow TV, a new free-to-air channel on the OpenView HD satellite bouquet. This forms part of the company’s ongoing strategy to diversify from its roots in radio to become a true multichannel media sales house.
Glow TV is the product of cooperation between Kagiso Media and Nolava Television. It focuses on offering ‘eastern-inspired’ content for all South Africans on Platco’s new Openview HD free-to-air platform.
“Glow TV is an excellent starting point for our expansion into television,” says Elton Ollerhead, Managing Director, at Mediamark. “While the new TV division will operate as a standalone department with Mervyn Naidu leading the sales team, it will leverage Mediamark’s excellent reputation, infrastructure and media expertise to provide clients with TV solutions that deliver relevant audiences, and value to advertisers.”
Founded 16 years ago as Radmark with the specific focus on radio sales, Mediamark today represents about 16% of all radio advertising spend in South Africa. In recent years, the company has added a range of top digital offerings to its portfolio and more recently, events. Mediamark’s present portfolio comprises popular regional radio brands Capricorn FM, East Coast Radio, Gagasi FM, Heart 104.9FM, POWER 98.7, Jacaranda FM and Smile90.4. Mediamark’s digital stable includes Howzit MSN, one of South Africa’s leading content portals, as well as global communications giant, Skype.
“It is our intention to build a similarly strong presence in TV, adding a range of channels to our offering that give our advertisers the ability to speak to a range of audience segments,” says Ollerhead. “We will focus on those to allow advertisers to connect with underserved markets and execute innovative campaigns, including converged solutions.”
Ollerhead concludes, “Following the rapid expansion of our traditional radio business as well as our entrance into the events and digital spaces, TV forms the next cornerstone of our strategy to become a true converged media solutions company. Each of the offerings in our existing portfolio is a top player in its medium. But even more importantly, we are positioning ourselves to offer our clients converged media buys that help them to better coordinate campaigns across multiple media channels and hence improve the returns they get from their marketing spending.”
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019