BizRadio chats to David Hood about his personal journey into the marketing world, his association with the Global Marketing Network and his take and insights into what is known as Marketing Misanthropy.
David Hood is the GMN Online Community Director and has been instrumental in the development of Global CMO™ The Magazine. He is a proficient and experienced Competitiveness Strategist and an author of two books – ‘The Marketing Manifesto’ & ‘Competitive SME: Building Competitive Advantage Through Marketing Excellence for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises’
A Shift in Belief Systems – Once upon a time, we liked our customers. We valued them. But what we hear, see and yes, feel occasionally is a dislike for them. They are now seen as a necessary evil.
What happened? Was it when we – as growing companies, or just career-minded individuals slowly moving up the professional ladder – allowed our belief systems, including how we deal with other people, to be influenced and affected by a profound change; one that moved our personal focus from customer to company, from innovative and entrepreneurial sole-trader or SME thinking to embrace Corporate selfishness?
When did the customer or consumer, change from the very worthwhile and critical lifeblood of your company, to become an external nuisance?
What caused the change… Caused us to change?
Read the full article here: Global CMO™ The Magazine
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019