The fifth and latest edition of eMarketing: The Essential Guide to Marketing in a Digital World – a South African-curated, authored and published textbook relied on by digital professionals and educators worldwide – has been released to meet the growing demand for accessible and practical training in the latest practices and techniques in digital marketing.
Published and compiled by South African digital marketing agency Quirk and its academic partner Red & Yellow, this textbook provides marketing students and professionals with a free resource covering the latest trends, developments, and techniques in digital marketing. The textbook has won international recognition as an academically recognised benchmark for marketing in a digital age.
To date, more than 12,000 hard copies of the textbook have gone into circulation and the digital version has been downloaded more than 800,000 times. Previous versions of the book have been used by universities in 35 countries, including South Africa’s UCT, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines.
The newly updated edition, based on Quirk’s unique Think, Create, Engage, Optimise structure and processes – includes chapters on the latest marketing trends as well as applicable real-world case studies.
It positions South African digital marketers right at the forefront of the latest thinking and practice in the global world of eMarketing.
Says Rob Stokes, Quirk founder and CEO: “Our eMarketing textbook has grown from strength to strength since we first put it together in response to the lack of such a resource in the global market. We update it every two years to keep up to date with the fast-changing landscape, but we have always remained committed to making it a free resource because we believe knowledge should be free regardless of whether you can afford it or not.”
Adds Katharina Scholtz, the book’s current editor: “Each successive edition of the textbook has benefited from the huge growth within Quirk and growth in the digital industry, and our publishing team has benefited immensely from reviews, feedback and insights gathered from an increasingly large pool of experts.”
“This reinforces the idea that the book is a resource not truly owned by Quirk, with the brand acting as a curator of digital marketing knowledge and skills. There is a massive thirst in the market for this sort of practical information – by addressing this demand and helping to up-skill marketing professionals we hope to help grow South Africa’s digital marketing industry.”
Apart from a general update of facts, stats and case studies, the new version of the textbook expands the THINK section with a much improved market research and strategy chapter. A content strategy chapter has been added as well. The section is better equipped as a platform for approaching the rest of the book and the marketing process. In the CREATE section, the authors have added a Usability Design chapter and in the ENGAGE section the Video Marketing and Mobile chapters have been greatly expanded to reflect their growing importance in the marketing landscape.
The original textbook was the initial basis for Quirk’s online courses in digital marketing, with the substantial content acting as the core of the distance learning business unit that structured and formalised the practical knowledge into a short course for industry professionals. Now a part of the Red and Yellow School, this course and a range of others see thousands of professionals every year learning the skills they need to market their brands in a digital world.
To download your free copy of eMarketing: The Essential Guide to Marketing in a Digital World or order a hard copy containing $1600 worth of vouchers, visit:
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020