Well known paint company, Perfection Painting Supplies, a brand with a reputation in the community and credibility that stretches back 22 years – has officially converted to a Prominent Paints franchise partner store.
Prominent Paints – a leading paint manufacturer and part of PPG – has begun to launch franchise stores and this conversion in Boksburg brings to three the number of stores it has opened in the last six months.
With experts in paint and DIY on hand to assist customers, offering quotations, specification and deliveries as value added services, Prominent Paints believes that the new franchise store has all the makings of a highly successful paint centre. That and the seven staff collectively have almost 60 year’s industry experience.
Franchise owner, Michelle Oelofse says that Perfection Painting started as a family business. Adding to this she says, “The business was ready for fresh challenges and the franchise deal brought the promise of new opportunities to work with experts in the industry who can help us elevate our service offering and technical support. More than this it allows us to extend our range and increase our value proposition.”
Adding to this, Oelofse believes that the strength of the Prominent Paints brand, the continuing monthly product specials, and the value for money quality paints are all drawcards that favour the store. “We also have really talented colour consultants with great credentials who are able to offer on trend advice. This free service is supported by our colour tinting staff who have all the experience they need to tint any colour palette they are presented.”
Although “Greenery” is the Pantone Colour of the Year, Oelofse says that there has been a shift away from the more earthy colours and shades of grey have been their most popular choice for the at home DIY market. Corporates still tend to go for bolder, brighter colours that are aligned with their CI. Of all the ranges – Select Sheen has been the top seller for interior and exterior walls.
Like the other Prominent Paints stores, the Boksburg centre is geared towards DIY and delivering friendly and professional advice to empower customers to tackle even the most complicated projects. “Customers definitely want a more personalised service-oriented treatment and we are geared for this and it’s definitely one of our differentiators and helps us compete against the bigger retail franchise stores. We are also able to offer more promotions now which is an exciting shift for us,” says Oelofse. “With so much more than just colour to consider when searching for a paint solution, we believe in focusing on the real needs of the consumer, helping them to choose a product that’s fit for purpose and in so doing, developing long-term customer relationships. That’s what it means to be a category leader and that’s what we aspire to be.”
Spanning some 600 square metres, the store, is a hub of creative paint ideas and great advice, catering for an extensive audience, including DIY enthusiasts, decorators, architects, engineers, as well as contractors. The design and layout of the new store has also been carefully considered and an “Inspiration Area” that facilitates colour selection, is – as the name suggests – an inspiring environment.
“With everything available under one roof, our customers can be assured of leaving the store with all the essential materials they need to prepare and create the perfect look they are striving to achieve,” concludes Oelofse.
Prominent Paints is excited about the franchise concept and growing its distribution footprint by opening more franchises in the near future. For more information email [email protected], visit www.prominentpaints.co.za or call the customer care line on 0861 77 66 46.
Backed by leading, “Best in Class” coating manufacturers, PPG, Prominent Paints was established in 1981. A proud member of the Green Building Council of South Africa (GBCSA) and from an ecological perspective, its paint is lead free, complies to, and even exceeds the standards set by the GBCSA.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world
PPG’S vision is to be the world’s leading coatings company by consistently delivering high-quality, innovative and sustainable solutions that customers trust to protect and beautify their products and surroundings. Prominent Paints is a fully integrated member of PPG and a leading manufacturer in South Africa – achieved by combining extensive knowledge of local conditions with the technical support of PPG and its research and development programme.
- Perhaps its time to join the Circus | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | ZipZap Circus | #Podcast - October 4, 2022
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022