Louise Robinson started CG Consulting, a specialised IT marketing company, fifteen years ago, in her Sea Point garage. Starting of doing any kind of contract work that came her way from her Johannesburg corporate contacts, who from time to time needed someone to run small marketing projects for them in Cape Town, today Louise heads a company with a proven track-record of high-quality service and profitability, and at least a five-year head-start over any other IT marketing firm when it comes to knowledge of the African IT scene.
With no formal business training, Louise had moved up in the marketing departments of large IT companies in Johannesburg. After starting CG Consulting, she ended up in the highly specialised field of business-to-business marketing.
CG Consulting does not do direct sales pitches. Rather, the company gathers information about IT people in the business world, speak to them about their work and needs and inform them about new systems or products. Most of this work is based on campaigns that the likes of Microsoft and Cisco hire CG Consulting to carry out. In addition, the company sells targeted databases, and specialises in appointment setting and lead generation throughout Africa.
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020