As gamers settle into three dedicated LAN areas to play games non-stop for 52 hours at the biggest and slickest LAN in Africa, visitors to rAge 2018 will be welcomed by the sight of a newly designed and larger show floor, featuring all that is great in gaming. The interactive and immersive gaming experience running from 5 to 7 October at The Ticketpro Dome is a magnet for fun for the whole family.
In addition to the abundance of games and gaming hardware, visitors will be able to get their hands on show specials, enter competitions and giveaways, compete in casual tournaments, and try out some of the latest tech and computer hardware.
Exhibitors such as Apex Interactive will be launching a host of new gaming products at the event, from major gaming brands such as Razer and Trust. The new lineup includes a wide variety of high-quality gaming peripherals, offering a range of features and price points to cater to gamers’ varied needs and budgets. Retailers such as BT Games and Incredible Connection will be offering rAge-exclusive specials and pre-orders on the latest games and products, with Matrix Warehouse also running show specials alongside fun visitor competitions with cool prizes up for grabs.
Ever wanted to “get your hands dirty” and learn more about case modding? Then be sure to get to the Cooler Master booth for demos, product showcases, gaming competitions, case mod comps, and much more.
What about getting your hands on a real gaming phone from Razer, which will be available at rAge at the Incredible Connection stand? Because “if it’s not 120Hz, it’s not a gaming phone”. It boasts the world’s first 120Hz screen on a mobile phone, and is powered by UltraMotion™ technology, ensuring and accurate touch response and zero lag or stutter: just fluid, buttery-smooth motion for all your games. The phone also boasts awesome sound and a seriously impressive battery life.
There’s even a chance for visitors to appear on TV! As the NAG LAN’s official sponsor and hosting their own stand on the show floor, GINX Esports TV is back at rAge again this year. Available in South Africa to DSTV Premium customers on channel 240, GINX Esports TV will have a lot of fun events happening for visitors to participate in.
While rAge is definitely fun, it’s also educational. For those visitors keen on a career in coding or gaming, there are some seriously committed companies who’ll be at the expo to guide visitors. The likes of WeThinkCode_ democratise education by making it open and accessible to all talented young people, and source high-potential software engineers regardless of previous education, financial means, or socio-economic background.
EmendyTechnology Institute, an accredited Higher Education Institution specialising in Game Development and Music Technology, will showcase everything visitors need to create original games, while organisations such as The Animation School can discuss career opportunities with you.
In addition to show specials, the organisers are giving students discounted access on Friday upon presentation of a valid student ID card, and schools will also get group scholar discounts on Friday.
#escapetoplanetrAge this October and #comeandplay.
Dates: 5 October – 7 October 2018
Expo times: Friday: 10:00-18:00 | Saturday: 09:00-18:00 | Sunday: 09:00-16:00
Day ticket: R150 per person (tickets available at the door or via Computicket outlets)
Weekend ticket: R300 per person (tickets available at the door or via Computicket outlets)
Kids under 6: Free
Venue: Ticketpro Dome | Cnr Olievenhout Avenue and Northumberland Road | Northriding, Johannesburg | GPS: 26 03’48.39”S / 27 56’35.54”E
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020