In the latest of a series of innovations that keep Kaizer Chiefs and supporters at the cutting edge of technological advances, Kaizer Chiefs are excited to announce their participation at this year’s Rush esports event taking place from 21-23 July at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
Rush is a rAge esports initiative which aims to bring a number of different esports tournaments and activities together under one roof. This multi-tournament, multi-platform, multi-game event will give visitors the opportunity to experience the exhilarating world of competitive video gaming first-hand. A variety of esports tournaments will be showcased, with great prizes and overseas trips up for grabs for the winners.
“Kaizer Chiefs is a football club but our aim has always been to grow the business beyond just the football field by introducing and building the brand within new markets,” says Jessica Motaung, Kaizer Chiefs Marketing Director. “The growth of esports has been phenomenal over the last few years and we always believe in being at the forefront of what is happening in the world.”
The club has partnered with sponsors for this inaugural competitive gaming experience which will give gamers a chance to battle it out at the Kaizer Chiefs esports stage, where they will knock each other out of the FIFA 17 challenge in a bid to be the ultimate winner. Prizes include R20 00 cash and a Razer Raiju Controller for the Winner and a Kaizer Chief hamper and a Razer headset for the runner up.
Rush is a new initiative for South Africa that will see some of the world’s leading and most popular games being played in a competitive environment by gaming and esports fans, enthusiasts and newcomers. Visitors will also be able to watch their favourite games being played by SA’s top players and clans on big screens with live shoutcasting (commentary).
With the backing of Kaizer Chiefs and other companies, the Rush initiative plans to provide hands-on access to this exciting and thrilling world of esports.
If you want to enter the Kaizer Chiefs FIFA 17 tournament at Rush visit www.acgl.co.za/kaizerchiefs to sign up. Entry to the tournament is free and you are urged to come and support this growing industry and see what esports is really all about.
“The event is the perfect conduit for Kaizer Chiefs as trendsetters,” adds Motaung. “We plan to touch and interact with young and old who are ardent gamers and those who’d like to join this revolution that’s fast taking the world by storm.”
Motaung believes that this event will help the club engage with players of all ages who want to be the first to know the latest happenings in the world of gaming, and to also connect with the wider world and share their love for this phenomenon.
“Gaming is one of the most attractive additions to our quest to offer consumers and supporters the best quality products and services” says Motaung,
The initiative will see Kaizer Chiefs have access to some of the members’ databases, collaboration and engagement on various platforms.
Kaizer Chiefs’ Digital Manager, Kemiso Motaung, says the club is proud to be associated with the Rush initiative and believes that through this collaboration, both brands can make impact at business level and in the communities we serve. Rush is not only an aspirational brand and initiative but also represents passion for excellence.
She adds, “Our core business remains football. However, Kaizer Chiefs is fast evolving into a lifestyle brand that engages with its customers across many different platforms.”
The Rush experience will allow Kaizer Chiefs to get together with their supporters through an exciting gaming event, consumer competitions and activations that will reward some of gamers and supporters with unique experiences.
Rush will open on Friday 21 July from 10am – 8pm; Saturday: 9am – 9pm and Sunday: 9am – 4pm at Sandton Convention Centre’s Exhibition Hall 2. Entry for players competing in the tournament is free for the whole weekend. Entry for spectators and visitors is R50 for a day pass (valid for one day only) and R100 for a weekend pass (valid for all three days).
Tickets are available at Computicket or at the door. For more information about Rush go to www.rushesports.co.za.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020