ITSI, the pioneering e-learning provider which enhances and simplifies the teaching and learning experience for both students and educators, will be hosting the first ever seminar in Africa on Mind-Brain-Education.
The two-day seminar, taking place 23 – 24 May 2018 at Emperor’s Palace in Johannesburg, will be in the form of a hands-on workshop facilitated by the internationally acclaimed Glenn Whitman and Dr. Ian Kelleher, who commented, “Most teachers lack an understanding of how the brain receives, filters, consolidates, and applies learning for both the short and long term. The book was written to help solve the problem teachers and school leaders have in knowing how to bring the growing body of educational neuroscience research into the design of their schools, classrooms, and work with each individual student.”
The seminar will be targeted at teachers and lecturers from primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions, and will focus on how educators are brain changers. It will explore how an understanding of the brain – the organ of learning – would be critical to a teacher’s readiness to work with students.
Dr. Lieb Liebenberg, ITSI’s CEO, commented, “Technology, and specifically access to information – therefore connectivity – is vitally important in the understanding of today’s learner’s – whether at a primary, secondary or tertiary school level. The role it plays as a tool to be effectively used is pivotal to the success of the 21st century classroom.”
For more information, please contact Jolandi Marais on jolandi.marais[email protected].
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021