The previous T’s & C’s Apply was around the proposed banning of alcohol advertising in South Africa and what the implications may be on the industry. Currently a number of the biggest sporting events in this country are sponsored by alcohol brands; so how will this industry be affected if the ban comes into play. Joining the T’s & C’s Apply duo is specialists in Sponsorship Marketing, Yolanda Arendse, Chief Marketing Officer – EXP South Africa
On average alcohol brands contributes between R400 – R600 million towards sports sponsorship per year. So should they ban alcohol advertising then what?
- Who will fill that gap?
- The value of sponsorship?
- Its more than just money, it’s about development as the government can’t do this
- What are the alternatives?
- Who is going to plug the gap?
When things go wrong…..what then?
- Crisis management for sponsors
- It’s more than just about the “sports hero” – it’s about development/growth and connecting with consumers – SASOL & Cell C as a case-studies – it’s about building for the future, not just the now!
How does sponsorship actually work?
- Connecting passion and the consumer
- Recognize the opportunity to link your brand positively
- Who would you put your money behind and what would the decision be based upon?
- Looking at brand-fit and relevance
- Media coverage and getting a return on investment
- Sponsorship in the digital & social media sphere
About Ts & Cs Apply
A no holds barred series of conversations hosted by Tony Koenderman & Craig Page-Lee.Thought provoking and challenging – filling a gap in the marketing space that is free to all with no T’s & C’s applied.
On the backend of some serious and meaningful industry comments and conversation currently not happening on the African continent the conceptualization and launching of Ts & Cs Apply hopes to fill that gap in the industry.
The creation of key conversation capital that is available to anyone who is interested in the fast moving marketing space in Africa – from local to global – Ts & Cs Apply is the meeting ground of minds and insight sharing through the downloading of audio podcasts that are free and meant to be shared with your colleagues, competitors and working community – from the boardroom to the classroom.
Joining Tony and Craig on a regular basis will be industry thought-leaders, innovators and instigators – the sort of people that have no problem getting down and dirty into an industry conversation that serves as catalytic convertors for improvement and growth of the marketing space across Africa.
Editor & Publisher: AdReview
Managing Director – Posterscope SA
The back-room innovators:
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021