Luisa continued sharing the many insights gained from the DMMA 2012 conference that she recently attended in Las Vegas. This week she focused on Data and the management of data in modern day real time marketing. Knowledge is power. These days huge amounts of data are constantly being produced and created leading to “Big Data”. There is a huge challenge to be able to mine this data to manage it, spot opportunities and also be able to draw meaningful and relevant information. We are drowning in information. According to Linda Wooley the interim CEO of the DMMA projection is that 2.7 Zetabytes of data will be created in 2012. A zetabyte is a billion terrabytes. This just highlights the amount of data that we are now faced with and the massive challenge to be able to mine this data and be able to draw valuable insights and manage it. Also some data has a very short lifespan and shelf life.
Businesses and specifically marketers need to be able manage and mine this vast amount of data in a timeous manner so that opportunities are not missed. Luisa gave some great insight on how businesses & marketers need to deal with this and be able to turn the challenge into an opportunity.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
To follow the latest marketing news, insights and trends go to www.themarketingsite.com.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) November 1, 2012
Private Sector – Do You Own Your Intellectual Property? fb.me/2uHRcHt1R
— TheMarketingSite (@themktgsite) November 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Driving development to empower society | #eBizWires - February 28, 2020
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020