Luisa continued sharing the many insights gained from the DMMA 2012 conference that she recently attended in Las Vegas. This week she focused on Data and the management of data in modern day real time marketing. Knowledge is power. These days huge amounts of data are constantly being produced and created leading to “Big Data”. There is a huge challenge to be able to mine this data to manage it, spot opportunities and also be able to draw meaningful and relevant information. We are drowning in information. According to Linda Wooley the interim CEO of the DMMA projection is that 2.7 Zetabytes of data will be created in 2012. A zetabyte is a billion terrabytes. This just highlights the amount of data that we are now faced with and the massive challenge to be able to mine this data and be able to draw valuable insights and manage it. Also some data has a very short lifespan and shelf life.
Businesses and specifically marketers need to be able manage and mine this vast amount of data in a timeous manner so that opportunities are not missed. Luisa gave some great insight on how businesses & marketers need to deal with this and be able to turn the challenge into an opportunity.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
To follow the latest marketing news, insights and trends go to www.themarketingsite.com.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) November 1, 2012
Private Sector – Do You Own Your Intellectual Property? fb.me/2uHRcHt1R
— TheMarketingSite (@themktgsite) November 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathon Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020