Luisa continued sharing the many insights gained from the DMMA 2012 conference that she recently attended in Las Vegas. This week she focused on Data and the management of data in modern day real time marketing. Knowledge is power. These days huge amounts of data are constantly being produced and created leading to “Big Data”. There is a huge challenge to be able to mine this data to manage it, spot opportunities and also be able to draw meaningful and relevant information. We are drowning in information. According to Linda Wooley the interim CEO of the DMMA projection is that 2.7 Zetabytes of data will be created in 2012. A zetabyte is a billion terrabytes. This just highlights the amount of data that we are now faced with and the massive challenge to be able to mine this data and be able to draw valuable insights and manage it. Also some data has a very short lifespan and shelf life.
Businesses and specifically marketers need to be able manage and mine this vast amount of data in a timeous manner so that opportunities are not missed. Luisa gave some great insight on how businesses & marketers need to deal with this and be able to turn the challenge into an opportunity.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
To follow the latest marketing news, insights and trends go to www.themarketingsite.com.
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) November 1, 2012
Private Sector – Do You Own Your Intellectual Property? fb.me/2uHRcHt1R
— TheMarketingSite (@themktgsite) November 4, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019