Casablanca- headquartered ONOMO Hotels has entered the South African hotel management arena with the acquisition of three properties: the iconic Inn on the Square in Cape Town, the Signature Lux Hotel and brand in Sandton, and a newly constructed ONOMO Hotel in Durban due to open in March this year.
These acquisitions form part of the ONOMO Hotels Group’s expansion strategy into major business districts and capital cities on the African continent. The latest transactions bring the group’s portfolio to 10 hotels across Africa with representation in Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Mali, Togo, Guinea, Rwanda and South Africa.
Commenting at an industry event at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town Inn on the Square, Samantha Annandale, Regional Operational Director of South and East Africa, said, “With so many international companies exiting Africa and investment leaving our shores, it is encouraging to see that our group has a fully focussed African strategy. We have exceptional confidence in Africa, especially in the hospitality space and with our strong development pipeline we aim to become one of the leading hotel chains in Africa, for Africa.” As proof of this confidence, the recent South African deals have been via a purchase and management basis, in that the group will own and operate their properties.
Last year, the group announced the successful completion of a c. €106m equity fundraise attracting two new investors namely CDC Group plc, a UK Government-owned development finance institution and CIC Capital the international private equity arm of CM-CIC Investissement. Following the transaction, Batipart, a family office with a 30-year long track record in real estate investments and operating platforms in Europe, Canada and Africa, remains the controlling shareholder of ONOMO Hotels. This transaction will enable the rollout of ONOMO’s pan-African growth acceleration by expanding its presence into Cameroon, Congo, Uganda, Mozambique, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
The group is focussed on opportunities in corporate, city hotels positioned in the mid-market bracket to develop their pipeline ambition of making ONOMO Hotels the leading pan-African hospitality platform in the 3 star market segment.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019