One great danger for a salesperson is loss of confidence. Anyone who has spent any time selling anything will tell you that from time to time you will hit a hurdle. It might be a difficult customer, it might be the loss of a big account, or it might be a period where you just can’t seem to get a sale.
Our resident Sales Enabler, Shelley Walters chats to us about being in that sales slump and what you can do to rise above it.
Tips to help you get out of your sales slump.
Face the facts – Acknowledge you are in a slump. Its you in a slump so do not blame outside factors.
and do not blame yourself. It happens and you can and will get out of it.
Have a little grace; everyone goes through this at some time.
STOP – Just take a pause and stop. Take a rest and allow yourself a set time to do this – but not longer than 5 days. Regain your strength.
Take stock of yourself – Can you identify where is the slump is manifesting? Try identifying that area i.e. I am not great at pitching – how can you work on this?
Talk to someone – Just speaking to someone, whether its your colleague or partner. When you have verbalized it, you are able to get support and you are also supporting yourself.
Planning -Make a plan of how you are going to tackle this problem.
Clean your room; by physically cleaning and clearing your physical space, you are then able to tackle things from a clear space and give you back a sense of control.
Doodle – get a blank sheet of paper and just brain dump – all those things running in your brain, just write it down. Do not organize it – just dump it down. This clears the front part your brain to think creatively and strategically.
Make a list – look at your doodles and then prioritize it onto a list. Using colour makes it easier – all the easy ones do in a light colour, then get them done. If you just use 3 colours, then glancing at the list it makes it easier to get through and identify and prioritize. Green, Amber, Red
Crack on with it – if you have done all the above you are already in a more positive frame of mind and now just get going – you have got this!
- NEWS – THE WEEK THAT WAS |#NewsHeadlines | #LatestNews | #WorldNews | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - May 27, 2022
- How do you take your brand beyond our borders? |#Business | #Brands | #Coaching | Kevin Britz | Shereen Hunter | - May 27, 2022
- Clean Creatives – Please stop working with fossil fuel brands | #Marketing | #Leadership | Lunchtime Series | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Stephen Horn | Bouncing Biscuits Studio | #Podcast - May 26, 2022
- Coining communication when you move to a remote workforce | #RemoteWorking | #Communication | #HR | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace - May 25, 2022
- When do we speak to our children about sex? | #Insights | #Parenting | #SexEducation | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | Ansa Lange | Ansa Lange | Future Fit Parenting - May 25, 2022
- Reskilling revolution with Micro-Credentials | #Trends | #Business | #WorkTrends | Ingrid von Stein | Dion Chang | Flux Trends |#Podcast - May 25, 2022
- Layoffs, marketing that just won’t work, grow vs maintain vs exit | #ItsNotOver | #Entrepreneur | Nic Haralambous | Laura Roeder | #Podcast - May 24, 2022
- Switch yourself off and on again | #Naturopathy | #Health | #Entrepreneur | Björn Salsone | Dr Shavit Sachs | #Podcast - May 24, 2022
- Impact of Ukraine war on global shipping | #News | #Shipping | Supply Chain | #B2B | AGCS - May 23, 2022
- How do you assess the risk in your business? | #Insight | #Insurance | #Risk | Ingrid von Stein | Marcel Wood | Hollard Insure | #Podcast - May 23, 2022