One great danger for a salesperson is loss of confidence. Anyone who has spent any time selling anything will tell you that from time to time you will hit a hurdle. It might be a difficult customer, it might be the loss of a big account, or it might be a period where you just can’t seem to get a sale.
Our resident Sales Enabler, Shelley Walters chats to us about being in that sales slump and what you can do to rise above it.
Tips to help you get out of your sales slump.
Face the facts – Acknowledge you are in a slump. Its you in a slump so do not blame outside factors.
and do not blame yourself. It happens and you can and will get out of it.
Have a little grace; everyone goes through this at some time.
STOP – Just take a pause and stop. Take a rest and allow yourself a set time to do this – but not longer than 5 days. Regain your strength.
Take stock of yourself – Can you identify where is the slump is manifesting? Try identifying that area i.e. I am not great at pitching – how can you work on this?
Talk to someone – Just speaking to someone, whether its your colleague or partner. When you have verbalized it, you are able to get support and you are also supporting yourself.
Planning -Make a plan of how you are going to tackle this problem.
Clean your room; by physically cleaning and clearing your physical space, you are then able to tackle things from a clear space and give you back a sense of control.
Doodle – get a blank sheet of paper and just brain dump – all those things running in your brain, just write it down. Do not organize it – just dump it down. This clears the front part your brain to think creatively and strategically.
Make a list – look at your doodles and then prioritize it onto a list. Using colour makes it easier – all the easy ones do in a light colour, then get them done. If you just use 3 colours, then glancing at the list it makes it easier to get through and identify and prioritize. Green, Amber, Red
Crack on with it – if you have done all the above you are already in a more positive frame of mind and now just get going – you have got this!
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021