At this year’s IFA conference in Berlin, Samsung announced a new line of curved televisions in sizes ranging from 48” to 105”. It also announced the worlds first bendable UHD TV and a curved sound bar.
Samsung has introduced an expanded lineup of TV and audio products at IFA 2014. The company showcased 17 curved TVs in Full High-Definition (FHD), Ultra High-Definition (UHD) and Light-Emitting Diode (LED) ranging in sizes from 48” to 105”; its 105” bendable UHD TV and a new curved Soundbar.
“We’re in a new era in TV viewing and it is driven by the curve, a simple yet powerful design ethos,” said Ansgar Pabst, Business Lead for TV/AV at Samsung Electronics SA.
Providing total solutions to satisfy various needs
This year, Samsung introduced a wide selection of devices, which included the 105” Curved UHD TV.
This product features a panoramic 21:9 aspect ratio that allows consumers to enjoy a cinematic experience at home. Boasting an 11 million pixel (5120X2160) screen resolution, it delivers five times the performance of Full HD and adjusts any content to UHD. Additionally, Samsung’s proprietary picture quality technology will register subtle differences of brightness and highlight contrasts to expand the range of picture quality on the screen for better details, in even the darkest screen images. Further to this, it includes a 160W built-in speaker.
Samsung also introduced the bendable UHD TV. Boasting a 105” UHD display and a 21:9 aspect ratio, it goes from flat to curved, allowing users to decide how they want to watch TV. The device features a curvature of 4200R. It also offers UHD Dimming and Upscaling for more detailed picture optimisation, reduction of light diffusion and enhanced contrast.
Samsung also unveiled the Wireless Audio Multiroom, the M3. This new addition to the Samsung family offers two-way speaker functionality and simple control from your smart device to easily bring all your scattered music sources together into one system. In addition, Samsung announced a partnership with Spotify that gives users Spotify Connect, the ability to have their music follow them throughout the home. It also allows to play more than two Samsung Wireless Audio Multiroom at once – a first for Spotify Connect.
The mentioned products are scheduled to be available in South Africa later this year.
* Follow Gadget on Twitter on @GadgetZA
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021