The agricultural industry is not just about crops and livestock. It’s about ensuring the wealth and health of a community and country. If the agricultural industry fails, our society fails. Helping me understand the complexities of this essential industry and the challenges and opportunities it faces is Andries Wiese, Head of Agricultural Insurance at Hollard Insurance.
In this conversation with Andries we cover;
- The value and impact of agriculture
- How did COVID-19 impact agricultural industry and how did it respond?
- We often think of insurance companies as not being very flexible but COVID-19 seems to have shown a different side, a partnership side, to insurance. How did Hollard, as an example, help support the agricultural industry through these tough times?
- How does an insurance company like Hollard, enable the farming sector?
- The modern day farmer and technology
- How important is the broker relationship to enabling and supporting the farmer and indeed the agricultural industry?
- Tips to help farmers find a good broker