“The journeys of entrepreneurs are a tapestry of successes and failures. What we learn along the way defines the business people and companies we create” Jaco Maritz .
Jaco started his journey with a keen interest in sharing stories, his initial journey saw him as a photographer, but as with many entrepreneurs he soon found other avenues to express himself and share stories. We live in a world where content, confidence and collaboration are the 3 key things. This naturally led him to the online world and he started a number of online ventures, eventually landing up handling the online content for a large media house in SA.
It was not long before Jaco started to spread his wings and his curiosity around business in Africa peaked its head. A journey of discovery was the new path of Jaco and the founding of Maritz Africa was a natural progression – AFRICA’S SMARTEST BUSINESS INFORMATION COMPANY.
We chat to Jaco about the writing and publishing of How We Made It In Africa where he shares the journeys of 25 thriving African entrepreneurs sharing their journeys, key learning’s and business insights.
The company has 3 significant units in it namely;
How we made it in Africa; How we made it in Africa, established in April 2010, is an award-winning pan-African online business publication
Maritz Africa Intelligence -A producer of research reports and white papers focusing on market trends, opportunities and strategies.
SVW COMMUNICATIONS – Custom-made communication formulas to reach your goals. Constructive, well-researched press engagement guaranteed – personalised and strategic, with strong content at the core. Gone are the days of generic press releases.
- Perhaps its time to join the Circus | #Business | #Entrepreneur | Bjorn Salsone | ZipZap Circus | #Podcast - October 4, 2022
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022