“The journeys of entrepreneurs are a tapestry of successes and failures. What we learn along the way defines the business people and companies we create” Jaco Maritz .
Jaco started his journey with a keen interest in sharing stories, his initial journey saw him as a photographer, but as with many entrepreneurs he soon found other avenues to express himself and share stories. We live in a world where content, confidence and collaboration are the 3 key things. This naturally led him to the online world and he started a number of online ventures, eventually landing up handling the online content for a large media house in SA.
It was not long before Jaco started to spread his wings and his curiosity around business in Africa peaked its head. A journey of discovery was the new path of Jaco and the founding of Maritz Africa was a natural progression – AFRICA’S SMARTEST BUSINESS INFORMATION COMPANY.
We chat to Jaco about the writing and publishing of How We Made It In Africa where he shares the journeys of 25 thriving African entrepreneurs sharing their journeys, key learning’s and business insights.
The company has 3 significant units in it namely;
How we made it in Africa; How we made it in Africa, established in April 2010, is an award-winning pan-African online business publication
Maritz Africa Intelligence -A producer of research reports and white papers focusing on market trends, opportunities and strategies.
SVW COMMUNICATIONS – Custom-made communication formulas to reach your goals. Constructive, well-researched press engagement guaranteed – personalised and strategic, with strong content at the core. Gone are the days of generic press releases.
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020