Many businesses had to close their doors or re-invent the business in recent weeks. We chatted to Naomi Butow, Founder of MommyMallSA and she shares what is key to focus on when choosing a name of your business and why it is so important.
Don’t name your business now The Lock-Down, as right now this may be catchy and topical, but what happens when this global lock-down passes? You need to ensure that the name you choose for your business is relevant and says exactly what you do? Two decades ago, it was fashionable to name the business after yourself, consider this – what may happen in the future if you sell the business?
Its a simple process that many don’t give enough thought to when coming up with the name for their business. There are two simple steps;
Naming your business – When you name your business create a brand and a name that is clear about what it is that you do.
Your slogan – is a very short description of what you do
If you wish to know more about opening a business in these tough time please review our Entrepreneur or Mompreneur podcasts (you can find these at the top of the page under podcasts).
- True grit and resilience happens at surrender | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Cindy Alter | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - September 23, 2021
- How to reduce your digital impact | #BusinessInsight | Julien Fouriot | Crosscall | #ebizradio | #onlinebusinessradio - September 23, 2021
- Anti-corruption lawyer, author, singer – Rivoningo Maluleke | Entrepreneur | Word Of Mouth | Lindi Tshabangu | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Compound interest – The 8th wonder of the world | #Entrepreneur | #Finance | #Business | Björn Salsone | James Hemsley | #ebizradio |#onlinebusinessradio - September 21, 2021
- What is your cognitive bias? | #LunchtimeSeries | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 21, 2021
- Launch of Jelly Beanz and UNICEF-produced ‘Protect Children and Help them Heal’ resource booklet – Wednesday, 22 September 2021 at 13h00-14h00 | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Clarion Events Africa evolves into the Vuka Group | #BusinessInsight | Business News | Vuka Group | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- Oryx Desert Salt bringing the heart of the Kalahari to WHOLE FOODS USA | Business News | #ebizradio - September 20, 2021
- South Africa still has great investment appeal | Business Insight | CMTrading | ebizradio | - September 17, 2021
- Closing the Gap of Gender Inequality in the South African Labour Market | Business Insight | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #onlinebusinessradio | #ebizradio - September 17, 2021