Many businesses had to close their doors or re-invent the business in recent weeks. We chatted to Naomi Butow, Founder of MommyMallSA and she shares what is key to focus on when choosing a name of your business and why it is so important.
Don’t name your business now The Lock-Down, as right now this may be catchy and topical, but what happens when this global lock-down passes? You need to ensure that the name you choose for your business is relevant and says exactly what you do? Two decades ago, it was fashionable to name the business after yourself, consider this – what may happen in the future if you sell the business?
Its a simple process that many don’t give enough thought to when coming up with the name for their business. There are two simple steps;
Naming your business – When you name your business create a brand and a name that is clear about what it is that you do.
Your slogan – is a very short description of what you do
If you wish to know more about opening a business in these tough time please review our Entrepreneur or Mompreneur podcasts (you can find these at the top of the page under podcasts).
- A cash register and office day-care in the 1800’s – What does this have to do with selling today? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Salesenablement |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Bottles – an on demand alcohol delivery service |#Letstalkdigital | Audrey Naidoo | Enrico Ferigoli | Vincent Viviers |#Digital | Pick n Pay |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Education institutions band together to slash prices for #BlackFriday |#PayItForward | The Knowledge Trust - November 24, 2020
- What is motivational leadership? |#LTL |#Leadership |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Dan Davis |#Penbev | #Cocacola - November 23, 2020
- Sexual harrasement is NOT ACCEPTABLE – Call it out! |#LTS |#kevinbritz |#laurenbritz | Lunch Time Stories | #Podcast |#ebizradio - November 20, 2020
- Doctors make the worst patients | Male breast cancer and business |#LTM |#kevinbrtiz |#bjornsalsone | Dr Carel Piet van Eeden|#Marketing |#Podcast - November 19, 2020
- Are you the next The MediaShop Johannesburg MD? |#eBizWires - November 18, 2020
- Work from home has fundamentally redefined the eight-hour workday | #eBizInsights | Richard Firth - November 18, 2020
- How to hone your selling skills! |#ShelleyWalters |#Sales |#Podcst |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020
- What habits have we picked up whilst working remotely? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#coaching | Barry Davis |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020