On the 18th July, the world celebrated International Nelson Mandela Day. This year the day took a new meaning as the battle now also includes an invisible enemy, COVID-19 and all its other side effects.
In 2020, the essence of Mandela Day – take action, inspire change, and make every day a Mandela Day – is more important than ever before.
Communities across the world are affected by Covid-19, which has affected economies, causing new social and economic challenges and exacerbating old ones. But, there is hope. On a scale never seen before, individuals, donors, foundations, institutions, civil society organisations and corporate partners are finding ways to help those in need of support.
When the National State of Disaster was announced by President Cyril Ramaphosa, the protection of children against Covid-19 became a priority and we continue to advocate for this.
SOS Children’s Villages South Africa is committed to taking all possible steps to protecting children. Part of this has included limiting non-essential visits to the Programmes. While Mandela Month is about acts of service, this limitation of visits means volunteering and services at our Programmes has become very difficult.
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021