Did you know that men in LSM 7-8 spend most of their time on social networking sites just updating their profiles, whilst woman in LSM 8 – 10 spend most of their time on Pinterest just browsing
As brand custodians and advertising experts we are constantly asked and expected by our clients to know exactly how consumers really engage with brands. We are inundated with news articles that cover the surface and sometimes help us to understand consumer’s media trends, BUT does this really help us in understanding how consumers engage with brands?
The fundamental role of media and marketing is to deliver the right message to the right consumer through the right channel and at the right time. A tool that is able to provide precise information on how, when and where different consumers relate to marketing messages, and the attitudinal and behavioural effects of those messages on the consumer, will provide inestimable value in the marketing process. Consumer Connection System (CCS) is that tool.
With 93% of shoppers buying decisions being influenced by social media it has become imperative that organisations online profiles speak directly to their consumers in a language that they understand, CCS ensures that your company deliverers just what your audience is asking for.
Did you know only 24% of adults are FULLY engaged when watching TV and that LSM 9 & 10 are the biggest TV watchers per week
Described as a consumer, lifestyle and product survey, CCS is widely regarded as the most in-depth single source of media, marketing and consumer-targeting data in the world, allowing a true understanding of how consumers interact with the broad range of media channels presented to them throughout the day, while continuously experiencing different thoughts and feelings, helping marketers, advertising agencies and media owners communicate more effectively to these consumers.
The Consumer Connection System (CCS) is a Dentsu Aegis Network research tool which not only tells us how many people consume a specific media channel, but more importantly what role that channel plays in their daily lives, how they use it, how it influences their perceptions and what messages they are receptive to at specific times of their day. With a sample base of 6 400 LSM 4-10 Adults in South Africa, CCS provides clients with unique and in-depth insights into consumer behaviour and their relationship with media.
Did you know LSM 7 & 8 spends an average of 17 hours per week using the internet on their mobile phones and ages 25 – 35 spend the most time per week on social media networks, whilst 38% of LSM 7 & 8 use their laptops or mobile phones to go to product sites whilst watching TV
CCS is conducted across more than 30 countries which together account for some 90% of global advertising expenditure. Of the 350 000+ interviews conducted; 6400 were conducted in South Africa for LSM 4 – 10. CCS has been successfully used by a very wide range of companies across the globe to drive more effective communication strategies and to deliver efficiencies in targeting and budgeting.
CCS not only provides companies with both global and regional data, but also allows clients the opportunity to include tailor-made questions in the survey that will provide them with access to bespoke or client-specific insights.
The audiences can be segmented attitudinally, behaviourally, or demographically and analysed by environment, with a level of detail unavailable through other syndicated research systems.
The CCS research covers all touch points in consumers lives, be it what they do in their daily lives, their passions, favourite brands, attitudes to advertising and product categories, how they use different channels.
CCS enables clients to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of categories, competitors and consumers
- Activate brand strategy into communications strategy
- Understand trends and their implication on communications
- Apply a global framework of insight with local relevance
- Drive more engaging communications
- Deliver efficiencies in targeting and budgeting
Dentsu Aegis Network will host a session on CCS in both Johannesburg and Cape Town on Tuesday 11th November and Thursday 13th November respectively at 09h00 – 09h45. If you would like to find out more or attend one of these events, please contact Kelly Moses at [email protected] to request an invitation.
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020