How cloud is bringing application and process users together – Elingo | eBizTechnology | Kevin Hall
The cloud has evolved and no longer defined by an air of silence between those who implement cloud systems and their customers, who are mostly business users. Today, as offerings evolve into more bespoke solutions, cloud vendors must deal directly with operations and business leaders.
This is according to Kevin Kevin Hall, National Sales Manager at local ICT solutions provider and leader in the development of cloud solutions.
Hall endorses the company’s message to the market which is that there is a lot more discussion involved when considering migration to the cloud, especially between cloud service providers and customers.
“In my view we can never do enough to offer peace of mind … our business directors have duties we need to be sensitive to, and learning from them how to mitigate their risk, and understanding the business better often gives one a better sense of how to develop the solution around the needs of the customer,” says Hall.
He believes it’s important to consider the client first and then the technology. “Once we understand the issues, it’s easy to find solutions in the cloud …somebody out there probably has a similar issue. Our problems and concerns are normally not as unique as we believe.”
Currently in the market the argument that hybrid provides the best of both worlds is gaining traction says Elingo. Companies with security concerns or looking for better redundancy opt for hybrid solutions quicker than their competitors.
“The hype is probably created because it is easier to sell, the objectives are easily dealt with,” says Hall.
Elingo standpoint is that cloud is already changing the way companies do business and deploy solutions – one only has to consider the adoption of Office 365 – a simple solution to many SME market players not wanting to invest in costly Capex services.
The prize is agility and flexibility, attributes that define differentiation in the market.
Hall says just because it is cloud does not mean it is future-proof. “Agility and flexibility can only be implemented in companies with an agile culture and approach to business. The culture shock of rapid change in other organisations can take time to realise… your business needs to tick all the right boxes.”
Elingo advises business owners who are considering solutions and relevant service providers that nothing beats a proven track record with customers.
Hall adds that it is best to visit customers on their site and do some market research to find out what customer experience has been like from the service provider.
Elingo (Pty) Ltd. is a Johannesburg-based ICT company focused on services and solutions within the multimedia contact centre and enterprise IP telephony space.
The technology firm has partnered with established industry leaders to ensure the supply of tailor-made, versatile and customisable solutions that integrate with any process or system.
The company’s product offering is designed primarily to automate each process within the call centre including phone calls, SMS, e-mail, fax or web chat.
Elingo’s pre-sales teams have unmatched product, technical and architectural knowledge and the quality of its product guarantees value-add and innovation to contact centres of any size.
The company has kept ahead of game-changing trends including the cloud (on-premise and cloud-based Communications as a Service (CaaS), contact centre automation, enterprise IP telephony – as well as consulting, support and education.
Elingo is an industry leader in business process automation and is run by a core team with over 25 years’ experience in contact centre design, deployment and support.
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Elingo (Pty) Ltd
Mobile: +27 83 609 9799
Direct Tel & Fax: +27 11 206 2959 / 11 206-2920
- A guide to sustainable conferences and events | #eBizWires - May 25, 2018
- What does SA need to do to attract more Foreign Direct Investment? | #eBizInsights | Bryden Morton - May 24, 2018
- Ring expands to South Africa | #eBizWires - May 23, 2018
- SearchInform solutions officially on SA’s IT security radar | eBizInsight - May 23, 2018
- How Upskilling your staff increases a companies bottomline | #eBizInsights | Didi Ndlovu - May 22, 2018
- BRETT DAWSON POWERS 4IR WITH INVESTMENTS IN SIX TRANSFORMATIONAL START-UPS | #eBizTechnology | Brett Dawson - May 16, 2018
- Dormakaba to demo smart, secure access control at Hotel Show Africa 2018 | #eBizWires - May 16, 2018
- Prioritising mobile security in the workplace | #eBizWires - May 14, 2018
- Insurance model requires digital innovation | #eBizWires - May 9, 2018
- Why banks are using satellite services | #eBizWires - May 8, 2018
- A guide to sustainable conferences and events | #eBizWires
- What does SA need to do to attract more Foreign Direct Investment? | #eBizInsights | Bryden Morton
- Ring expands to South Africa | #eBizWires
- SearchInform solutions officially on SA’s IT security radar | eBizInsight
- How Upskilling your staff increases a companies bottomline | #eBizInsights | Didi Ndlovu
- BRETT DAWSON POWERS 4IR WITH INVESTMENTS IN SIX TRANSFORMATIONAL START-UPS | #eBizTechnology | Brett Dawson
- Biz InsightFeaturedPodcast
- ArticleBiz InsightFeatured
- Biz InsightFeaturedPodcast