Since 2011, vehicles that can’t pass a roadworthy test aren’t allowed to register on the National Traffic Information System (eNaTIS). What’s needed is a system that can provide border officials with greater insight into the ownership, status and validity of a bike so they can prevent it from crossing into another country. A system that adds a little more peace of mind when it comes to protecting your bike. Fraud and theft are high, especially for assets not lying under the eNaTIS banner as there is no way of telling that the person taking it over the border is the legal owner.
This complete lack of a system to protect people saw the introduction of the Southern Africa Moveable Assets Register (SAMAR). This initiative provides you with a trackable record of your bike. Border officials and the South African Police Services have easy access to the SAMAR register and use it to identify the property and its owner. Border officials and police can immediately check the ownership of the asset as the names of the titleholder and owner are maintained and updated in real time.
SAMAR has created high security asset labels that are designed to withstand significant pressure and tampering. When attached to your bike, these labels instantly place it into a vast database designed to keep track of movements and keep you informed. Registering your bike only costs a once-off fee of R80 and that’s it. Then it’s finally taken back that layer of protection that was taken away.
- SCANIA SUPPORTS LOGISTICS INDUSTRY WITH NEW FINANCE MODEL | #eBizWires - August 6, 2020
- POPI: A new world awaits consumers and business| #eBizInsight| Stuart Oberholzer|Podcast - August 6, 2020
- How Mandela day was adapted to Covid-19 realities| #eBizPayitForward| Patrick Kulati| Podcast - August 6, 2020
- Networking – moving between the physical and the digital |#Marketing |#Networking |#Kevin Britz |#Bjorn Salsone |#Gwen Serrotti |#Podcast - August 6, 2020
- Call-Centre optimization during the current Covid-19 pandemic | #eBizInsights | Wynand Smit | Podcast - August 5, 2020
- Getting over the nerves of presenting in public or online |#Lunchtime Series |#Coaching | #Kevin Britz |#Dineshrie Pillay - August 5, 2020
- Are you anxious about tomorrow? |#Mental Health |#Lunchtime Series |#Kevin Brits | Video - August 4, 2020
- Figuring out social media for your business |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu |#Podcast - August 4, 2020
- Made in… purpose| #eBizWires - August 3, 2020
- Women lead differently – find your own voice |#Lunchtime Series |#Leadership #Kevin Britz |#Naomi Basson |Podcast - August 3, 2020