Since 2011, vehicles that can’t pass a roadworthy test aren’t allowed to register on the National Traffic Information System (eNaTIS). What’s needed is a system that can provide border officials with greater insight into the ownership, status and validity of a bike so they can prevent it from crossing into another country. A system that adds a little more peace of mind when it comes to protecting your bike. Fraud and theft are high, especially for assets not lying under the eNaTIS banner as there is no way of telling that the person taking it over the border is the legal owner.
This complete lack of a system to protect people saw the introduction of the Southern Africa Moveable Assets Register (SAMAR). This initiative provides you with a trackable record of your bike. Border officials and the South African Police Services have easy access to the SAMAR register and use it to identify the property and its owner. Border officials and police can immediately check the ownership of the asset as the names of the titleholder and owner are maintained and updated in real time.
SAMAR has created high security asset labels that are designed to withstand significant pressure and tampering. When attached to your bike, these labels instantly place it into a vast database designed to keep track of movements and keep you informed. Registering your bike only costs a once-off fee of R80 and that’s it. Then it’s finally taken back that layer of protection that was taken away.
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020