Since 2011, vehicles that can’t pass a roadworthy test aren’t allowed to register on the National Traffic Information System (eNaTIS). What’s needed is a system that can provide border officials with greater insight into the ownership, status and validity of a bike so they can prevent it from crossing into another country. A system that adds a little more peace of mind when it comes to protecting your bike. Fraud and theft are high, especially for assets not lying under the eNaTIS banner as there is no way of telling that the person taking it over the border is the legal owner.
This complete lack of a system to protect people saw the introduction of the Southern Africa Moveable Assets Register (SAMAR). This initiative provides you with a trackable record of your bike. Border officials and the South African Police Services have easy access to the SAMAR register and use it to identify the property and its owner. Border officials and police can immediately check the ownership of the asset as the names of the titleholder and owner are maintained and updated in real time.
SAMAR has created high security asset labels that are designed to withstand significant pressure and tampering. When attached to your bike, these labels instantly place it into a vast database designed to keep track of movements and keep you informed. Registering your bike only costs a once-off fee of R80 and that’s it. Then it’s finally taken back that layer of protection that was taken away.
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021