‘Look after your employees and they’ll look after your business.’ This is according to Andy Reid, 53, founder and owner of Vespa SA, who’ll be among the speakers at the upcoming SA Business Excellence Forum.
In Reid’s view, it’s up to employers to consistently show their commitment to employees and to support them on an ongoing basis. Without this, says Reid, business owners run the risk of disempowered and disengaged employees.
Reid is also a firm believer in harnessing ‘dormant talent’ within an organisation.
“Dormant talent is someone who is young, willing and able,” he explains. “Young, in this sense, refers to a person’s mindset – they must be able to absorb new information, techniques and have the ability to adapt to change easily.”
Reid notes that dormant talent can be identified by recognising clear characteristics and attributes. These are:
- Willingness to make sacrifices, to put in the time and go the extra mile
- Must never be a victim
- Must have the natural ability to do it now and do it properly
“Ultimately, employees (new and established) need constant support and guidance,” he adds. “Be a coach – single out employees and motivate, encourage and mentor each of them as individuals.”
To learn more about harnessing your company’s talent and to hear other industry experts present on the various aspects of running a successful business, book your ticket to attend the Business Excellence Forum & Awards in November 2015. Visit www.thebusinessexcellenceforums.com for more information or call 012 665 1015.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021