Amanda Solomon is a entrepreneur and founder of Hangar18. She joins us today on this edition of #eBizEntrepreneur to discuss her company as well as the many sideprojects they do to uplift the skills of local township dwellers….
Hangar 18 Manufacturing and Just Cotton have teamed up to help provide an income for unemployed people. As we are based in Milnerton, we have provided income for a number of neighbors.
We provide the space, the training and the supervision (as well as a tea and coffee station), for previously unemployed people to crochet mats for Just Cotton. They get paid per mat completed, and can make between 6 and 10 mats per day.
It is our intention to launch a training programme for unemployed job seekers. The culture in South Africa is to walk door to door, asking for work and handing out resume’s. Days of rejection, exhaustion and ever diminishing self-esteem.
We would like to facilitate LIFE SKILLS courses, including:
- Communications – including eye-contact, voice projection, firm hand shake and clear diction
- Interview Techniques
- CV writing
- Internet and Cellphone Banking, how to use an ATM, how to open a bank account and understanding the charges
- Insurance and Investments – including Medical, Household, Retirement and Funeral Cover
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019