Amanda Solomon is a entrepreneur and founder of Hangar18. She joins us today on this edition of #eBizEntrepreneur to discuss her company as well as the many sideprojects they do to uplift the skills of local township dwellers….
Hangar 18 Manufacturing and Just Cotton have teamed up to help provide an income for unemployed people. As we are based in Milnerton, we have provided income for a number of neighbors.
We provide the space, the training and the supervision (as well as a tea and coffee station), for previously unemployed people to crochet mats for Just Cotton. They get paid per mat completed, and can make between 6 and 10 mats per day.
It is our intention to launch a training programme for unemployed job seekers. The culture in South Africa is to walk door to door, asking for work and handing out resume’s. Days of rejection, exhaustion and ever diminishing self-esteem.
We would like to facilitate LIFE SKILLS courses, including:
- Communications – including eye-contact, voice projection, firm hand shake and clear diction
- Interview Techniques
- CV writing
- Internet and Cellphone Banking, how to use an ATM, how to open a bank account and understanding the charges
- Insurance and Investments – including Medical, Household, Retirement and Funeral Cover
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020