Amanda Solomon is a entrepreneur and founder of Hangar18. She joins us today on this edition of #eBizEntrepreneur to discuss her company as well as the many sideprojects they do to uplift the skills of local township dwellers….
Hangar 18 Manufacturing and Just Cotton have teamed up to help provide an income for unemployed people. As we are based in Milnerton, we have provided income for a number of neighbors.
We provide the space, the training and the supervision (as well as a tea and coffee station), for previously unemployed people to crochet mats for Just Cotton. They get paid per mat completed, and can make between 6 and 10 mats per day.
It is our intention to launch a training programme for unemployed job seekers. The culture in South Africa is to walk door to door, asking for work and handing out resume’s. Days of rejection, exhaustion and ever diminishing self-esteem.
We would like to facilitate LIFE SKILLS courses, including:
- Communications – including eye-contact, voice projection, firm hand shake and clear diction
- Interview Techniques
- CV writing
- Internet and Cellphone Banking, how to use an ATM, how to open a bank account and understanding the charges
- Insurance and Investments – including Medical, Household, Retirement and Funeral Cover
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020