#TechnoBiz with Craig Neill | @craigneill
This week Craig had a look at some of the latest Technology that’s been released. Starting with the Google Nexus 10. According to reviews it has the highest resolution currently in the market (2560 x 1600 resolution). It runs a Exynos 5 processor with 2GB of Ram. Some of the concerns raised is heavy battery usage as a result of the high screen resolution, which leads to contrast and brightness issues. The Nexus 10 is packed with the new Cortex 5 CPU which is on par with the iPad, if not slightly quicker and according to reviews it is very snappy. It also runs on the 4.1 Android Jelly Bean operating system.
Craig then compared the Nexus 10 to the iPad range, starting with price an as expected the iPad is pricier. Craig also makes the point that even though the Nexus 10’s resolution is higher than the iPad, it doesn’t make sense if you have a great display without enough back lighting. The iPad has 1 GB of ram and the Nexus has 2GB. The front camera on the Nexus 10 is a 1.9 mega pixel with the rear installed with a 5 mega pixel camera. The iPad matched that with its rear camera, but a couple of notches down in front with a 1.2 mega pixel camera. craig also noted that the iPad 4 is not equipped with NFC (near field communication).
On the iPad mini front. It has a 7.9 inch screen, 1024 x 678 resolution, 1 gigahertz dual core A5 chip, Bluetooth, acceleromator and so on, and makes use of Apple’s new lightning port. Craig also shared some interesting information about RIM BlackBerry. BlackBerry has released a 3G playbook in the UK which has a 1.5 gigahertz dual core processor and 32GB of storage and they are set to launch the LTE version.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019