Entitled Sessions for South Africa, Brent Lindeque’s Good Things Guy platform is aiming to inspire and lend a lifeline to South African musicians over this difficult time. The first live streamed session will feature Freshlyground’s Zolani Mahola on the 11th April. A portion of the proceeds will go to the SA Solidarity Fund.
“With South Africa on lockdown, one of our largest pools of natural talent is unable to provide much-needed inspiration to the nation, with many also battling to cover their monthly costs,” he says. “The reality is that even after the lockdown period has ended, for many South African artists the prospects of earning income are slight as social distancing is expected to remain for many months into the future, effectively destroying the live music industry.”
Good Things Guy, in partnership with top South African musicians, aims to change that, by streaming a series of intimate performances to the South African public over major social media channels and on the web. Using a unique and secure interactive platform, top South African artists will perform intimate concerts from their homes while taking part in live chats on the stream, and even asking the audiences to nominate the next song, or explain the background to the track.
Brent adds that corporate sponsorship options are also available. “We do need the assistance of corporates in order to continue and extend this initiative, not only to support local artists but also to create active citizens during Covid-19 and beyond.”
The Good Things Guy platform will promote the sessions as a means to support South African talent over this difficult time. Sessions for South Africa, Episode One features the legendary voice of Zolani Mahola, a South African Singer (Freshlyground), actress, songwriter and storyteller.
Her 17 year collaboration with Pan-African super group Freshlyground saw her collaborating with the biggest stars on the African continent as well as Columbian superstar Shakira. He has shared stages and sung with the likes of Stevie Wonder, Hugh Masakela, Jonny Clegg and Yo-Yo Ma.
Zolani Mahola has recently embarked on a solo journey which holds Story at the heart of her offering.
Tickets for the live stream are available now through Quicket at just R10 to support local artists and a portion will be donated to the SA Solidarity fund.
Corporates wishing to support this initiative can contact Andrew Ross of Chaos Theory on 083 400 9031 or [email protected] or James Cameron on 079 130 3784.
The Good Things Guy can be found at www.goodthingsguy.com, on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020