Entitled Sessions for South Africa, Brent Lindeque’s Good Things Guy platform is aiming to inspire and lend a lifeline to South African musicians over this difficult time. The first live streamed session will feature Freshlyground’s Zolani Mahola on the 11th April. A portion of the proceeds will go to the SA Solidarity Fund.
“With South Africa on lockdown, one of our largest pools of natural talent is unable to provide much-needed inspiration to the nation, with many also battling to cover their monthly costs,” he says. “The reality is that even after the lockdown period has ended, for many South African artists the prospects of earning income are slight as social distancing is expected to remain for many months into the future, effectively destroying the live music industry.”
Good Things Guy, in partnership with top South African musicians, aims to change that, by streaming a series of intimate performances to the South African public over major social media channels and on the web. Using a unique and secure interactive platform, top South African artists will perform intimate concerts from their homes while taking part in live chats on the stream, and even asking the audiences to nominate the next song, or explain the background to the track.
Brent adds that corporate sponsorship options are also available. “We do need the assistance of corporates in order to continue and extend this initiative, not only to support local artists but also to create active citizens during Covid-19 and beyond.”
The Good Things Guy platform will promote the sessions as a means to support South African talent over this difficult time. Sessions for South Africa, Episode One features the legendary voice of Zolani Mahola, a South African Singer (Freshlyground), actress, songwriter and storyteller.
Her 17 year collaboration with Pan-African super group Freshlyground saw her collaborating with the biggest stars on the African continent as well as Columbian superstar Shakira. He has shared stages and sung with the likes of Stevie Wonder, Hugh Masakela, Jonny Clegg and Yo-Yo Ma.
Zolani Mahola has recently embarked on a solo journey which holds Story at the heart of her offering.
Tickets for the live stream are available now through Quicket at just R10 to support local artists and a portion will be donated to the SA Solidarity fund.
Corporates wishing to support this initiative can contact Andrew Ross of Chaos Theory on 083 400 9031 or [email protected] or James Cameron on 079 130 3784.
The Good Things Guy can be found at www.goodthingsguy.com, on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- FREE eCommerce Virtual Summit opens registrations for entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #eCommerce | The Insaka eCommerce Academy - May 19, 2022
- Running like the wind into the future | #Technology | #Running | #Gadgets | Arthur Goldstuck | #Podcast - May 19, 2022
- Are you even aware of yourself? | #Coaching | #LunchtimeCoaching | #HR | #Entrepreneur | Kevin Britz | Akhona Tota | Silu Business Partners - May 18, 2022
- The symbiotic relationship of sport and Education | #Opinion | #Insight | #Education | #Sport | The Love Trust - May 18, 2022
- Its time to THINK about social media and your business | #Entrepreneurs | #SocialMedia | #Marketing | Björn Salsone | Lesley-Anne Mallon | THINK Social Media - May 17, 2022
- From a 2l ice-cream container to the hottest restaurant in Joburg | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Ling Chiu | Obento Ramen Bar - May 17, 2022
- Pay the S.I.U | #News | #NewsHeadlines | #Podcast | Kuhle Tshabalala - May 13, 2022
- How bias can work for your brand and business | #Marketing | #Leadership | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - May 12, 2022
- The critical role of the tax practitioner | #Insight | #Tax | # Business | Christine Painter | PaySpace - May 11, 2022
- Become DANGEROUS | #UNSCRIPTEDLIFE | |#Business | #Insight | Clive Vanderwagen | Erik Kruger | #Podcast - May 10, 2022